PDA

View Full Version : Labels above Field will not appear

ABC123

Venture Administrator
03-07-2007, 09:02 PM
I have tried everything to learn how to do this but no luck. I have tried searching however I am not certain if I am searching for the correct phrase or term.

I have created this component and the fields are showing up find thus far however I can not get the labels to appear above them. I need to know what I need to do to make them appear. I have checked the box that indicated that I wanted the labels above the fields. I am trying to make them appear in a free form format in one row.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated. Any examples you can site that I could copy or adust to make it work would be great also.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

RJ.

Steve Workings
03-07-2007, 11:02 PM
At first glance, it looks like you've specified a freeform layout. That means you're going to have to provide the labels yourself as part of the layout. It's just an html table, so put the row in above the fields and add your titling.

Venture Administrator
03-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Hey Steve

I unchecked all the layout boxes and the labels still did not apear. I am not certain how to place a html line to put in the information above the Fields. I hit the html tab but it would not allow me to add anything.

Any more information or direction would be helpful.

Thanks

RJ

Venture Administrator
03-08-2007, 08:14 AM
I am trying to put my attachment as a thumbnail. Any help doing this??

jkletrovets
03-08-2007, 08:32 AM
PDF's don't attach as thumbnails - they are attachments. Images(jpegs) will attach as thumbnails.

Regards,

Jeff

Steve Workings
03-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Please read my reply and look at your design. You have the freeform layout selected, which means you need to supply the html. Have you looked at the documentation on freeform, what it means and how to use it?

Steve Wood
03-08-2007, 09:51 AM
RJ,

Like Steve is saying, if you want labels to be placed above each of those fields, read up on Freeform...

Put each of the six fields in freeform, go to HTML Editor, insert a 2 x 6 table, put the fields in the lower 6 cells, and labels above each in the upper 6 cells. Also remove the MergeCell layout tags as those will conflict with the Freeform layout arrangement.

There's another way to do this but harder to explain. You can choose in Properties to have 6 columns and then put each of the six fields in one column. You have to create 6 "headings" as calculated fields, each with one label, and then also place each of those fields in one column, oriented above the input fields. I've attached a graphic showing how this might look.

Truth is, its easier to abandon your present layout and leave them as individual fields each on one line, or string just two or three together that are obvious like City, State and Zip on one line.

Pat Bremkamp
03-08-2007, 10:31 AM
RJ,

Here's an example of how to do the freeform. Screen1 show the result, and screen2 shows the freeform.

As Steve says, you need to remove the merge.

Although this works, in the long run, I think you'll be happier with the multiple column approach.

Pat