PDA

View Full Version : Can't display Index.htm with Localhost

ABC123

LMOTCOB
04-15-2007, 01:06 PM
I have about 25 *.a5w pages in a project with a navigation menu and security system. All works fine. I'm now thinking my main page should be an Index.htm page to help the seach engines.

So, I created a simple Index.htm page but I can't get it displayed after publishing it to the a5webroot and using Localhost. I added the page in the Page Security Settings and published the Security Files as well as the new Index.htm.

What am I missing? This is the first non A5W page that I'm trying to use.

By the way, if I turn off the security in the Application Server settings it comes up fine. With it on, I get:
403 Forbidden
Your security credentials do not allow access to this resource.

JerryBrightbill
04-15-2007, 01:18 PM
A couple possibilities. The page may be loading from the page cache, so even if it is now allowed, there is no request made to the server. One solution is to add any value in the get of the URL, such as "index.htm?junk=1" That will force the page to make a request to the server.

Also be sure the changes actually published. If you publish from the publish option on the Web Security Menu, the files will always publish, even if they have not changed.

A new page request should reload the revised page permissions after they are published. However, you can shut down the A5 program (not just the server) and restart. The page permissions are saved in memory and a program restart will force the latest values to be used.

LMOTCOB
04-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks.
Shutting down the whole program and restarting fixed it. Previously I stopped and restarted the server after publishing but that didn't work. I don't think I had to do this before.