PDA

View Full Version : AJAX Examples?

ABC123

NoeticCC
03-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi,

The "What's new" page and several posts refer to AJAX examples in the web app sample application in V9, but unless I did something wrong I can't seem to find those examples at all...

Cheryl Lemire
03-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Did you view the videos?

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/alphaforum/showpost.php?p=449134&postcount=6

NoeticCC
03-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Did you view the videos?

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/alphaforum/showpost.php?p=449134&postcount=6
The files and posts specifically refer to actual samples (e.g. "Example 10.7 in the sample Web Application that ships with V9 has an extensive example that demonstrates the a5_AJAX_Form() function. This example page also demonstrates several key functions in the Alpha Five AJAX Forms Library that are extremely useful in the JavaScript response that the callback page sends to the browser." - Richard also referred to the same example on the forum)

I am aware that there are videos, but since I don't have sound on my work PC it's a bit pointless - even if I had sound, videos don't do *anything* for me - might as well be in Chinese, I just can't learn from demo videos. Show me sample code and I'm there straight away. Since Richard referred to having a look at the examples in the WAS demo app, and the "What's New" file refers to the same thing, I assumed these files are supposed to be included in the sample application (and therefore their absence is not intentional and thus a "bug" of sorts)

Anyway got the example from the help file to work on our site - even on WAS V8, since these aren't actually A5 functions but JS libraries - which is a start :)

NoeticCC
03-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Just to add... WOW!!! I just re-did on an a5w page what I'd done laboriously in a dialogue last week (a file server interface to pull up PDFs based on a selection of journals), but with the AJAX script library it not only was a doddle to do, but it is hellishly fast even running on V8 WAS! I can't wait to see this on WAS V9!!! :)