PDA

View Full Version : Date Picker No Longer Working

ABC123

Rich Hartnett
03-11-2008, 12:09 AM
I installed V9 and opened a large web application I have. Many of the background colors were suddenly not in the normal "reverse" style sheet that I had originally published them in. (They looked "washed out.") Thinking that it may have been because the application was originally published in V8, I re-published it in V9, along with another application that was also acting weird.

The background color problem did not correct itself, but more importantly, now the date pickers do not work anywhere in either application. Clicking on the little calender icon returns an "Error on page" message in the bottom lower corner taskbar, along with the familiar yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside.

I closed out of V9 and re-opened V8. The colors returned to normal, but still the date pickers didn't work. I then re-published back to V8, but still only error messages on the date pickers.

In investigating deeper, I found out that the colors were not incorrect, what was happening was that A5 was "highlighting" the selected row (except that in my case I was only showing one row, which is why it looked strange), as it is now supposed to do, so it is actually working correctly, however, the data pickers are still not working.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the date pickers when running the V9 application server, or may know what I should look for to fix them?

NoeticCC
03-11-2008, 12:06 PM
I suspect the reason it didn't work was because the javascript hadn't uploaded properly...

If you copy all the files in the Javscript folder of a5V9 into the Javascript folder in your web app's location, this should work... I'd recommend COPYING any apps that you wish to open in V9, then editing the copy, just to be on the safe side...

Rich Hartnett
03-11-2008, 12:18 PM
I see ............... okay I'll try that and report back. Thanks.

Rich Hartnett
03-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Andrea that worked. Thank you for the help, I'm back in business!

It is something that anyone experimenting with V9 should be aware of though.

NoeticCC
03-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Andrea that worked. Thank you for the help, I'm back in business!

It is something that anyone experimenting with V9 should be aware of though.

I don't know why they don't all publish properly, I guess it may be because there are new/more scripts than in V8 and the new ones don't get picked up automatically when publishing? Good point though, I will point this out in the thread about web app performance...