PDA

View Full Version : Problem with form from V8

ABC123

Finian Lennon
03-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Is anyone experiencing any issues with forms from V8 working in V9? I have an invoice creation form that contains a couple of embedded browses that is really misbehaving in V9.

When I migrated from V5 to V8 I had to basically rebuild the form in order to get it to work. Now it seems I may have to do the same thing for V9. The main issues are in the browse (1) activating a field rule lookup causes the form to flip to another record and (2) the "New Record" action causes the fields to be populated with values from another record.

Has anyone else seen this?

Lance Gurd
03-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Finian,

I had similar problems, mine was a purchase order form with filtered lookups on three fields in the browse, and reported the bugs. Selwyn sorted it out with the latest build, but just for good measure I redesigned the form in V9 and it now works fine.

Selwyn Rabins
03-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Is anyone experiencing any issues with forms from V8 working in V9? I have an invoice creation form that contains a couple of embedded browses that is really misbehaving in V9.

When I migrated from V5 to V8 I had to basically rebuild the form in order to get it to work. Now it seems I may have to do the same thing for V9. The main issues are in the browse (1) activating a field rule lookup causes the form to flip to another record and (2) the "New Record" action causes the fields to be populated with values from another record.

Has anyone else seen this?

create a simplifed version of the form and send it to us. if there is a bug, we will certainly fix it.

Finian Lennon
03-17-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm going to try rebuilding the form. That will take about the same effort as extracting a test version. If I still have a problem with that form, I'll send along a bug report.