PDA

View Full Version : Price and Upgrades

ABC123

reynolditpi
03-19-2008, 12:19 PM
I have been searching and have not come across a retail price for V9. Maybe the cost has not been released to the public yet??? If it has, can anybody point me in the right direction to find it?

Also...and this may be a question for sales...Does Alphasoftware offer an upgrade option to those of use that purchased version 8?

I know that I can purchase another copy now and use that as a credit toward V9...However this means that I am still paying full price for V9, I just get another license for V8 that I dont think I really need.

Tony

NoeticCC
03-19-2008, 01:29 PM
The policy is to offer upgrade prices to anyone who owns any version of A5 I believe... at least it was for V8

rleunis
03-20-2008, 04:08 PM
https://www.alphasoftware.com/shop/alphafive/platinum/

Harry Hanson
03-20-2008, 05:57 PM
I personally build projects for my small business use. It looks Like I won't be upgrading.

NoeticCC
03-20-2008, 06:00 PM
I personally build projects for my small business use. It looks Like I won't be upgrading.

Has the amount of users suddenly spiralled? Because one runtime engine can run different apps/projects, so that shouldn't make a difference!

Also, you can still develop and distribute V8 executables/apps alongside the V9 ones - so you only need to give the RTs to those who actually need the V9 features!

TedBerry
03-20-2008, 11:47 PM
[QUOTE=NoeticCC;450463]Has the amount of users suddenly spiralled? Because one runtime engine can run different apps/projects, so that shouldn't make a difference!

Also, you can still develop and distribute V8 executables/apps alongside the V9 ones - so you only need to give the RTs to those who actually need the V9 features![/Q

Well, I bought Version 9 and just installed it. I will deal with the run engine price when I get to that point. I like the company, products, support and like I said last week, the tremendous opportunity. I have a gut feeling that Alpha is not going to let any of us down with this release. It appears to me that there has been too much time, talent, and money invested here to let us all go somewhere else. Richard Rabins has personally answered my questions before and that is one of the things that got my attention. I am going on down the road with Alpha by my side.

Burning the midnight oil tonight!

Ted Berry
TLBerry Enterprises

NoeticCC
03-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Well, I bought Version 9 and just installed it. I will deal with the run engine price when I get to that point. I like the company, products, support and like I said last week, the tremendous opportunity. I have a gut feeling that Alpha is not going to let any of us down with this release. It appears to me that there has been too much time, talent, and money invested here to let us all go somewhere else. Richard Rabins has personally answered my questions before and that is one of the things that got my attention. I am going on down the road with Alpha by my side.

Burning the midnight oil tonight!

Ted Berry
TLBerry Enterprises

Nice one, I like your outlook :)