PDA

View Full Version : Mobile DJ and Entertainment co needs database

ABC123

paulantent
03-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Has anyone ever designed a database for a Mobile DJ company?

I recently purchased A5. I am going to give it the "old college try" But I wanted to see if anyone had already done this. If I can save some time, and for the right price, I would appreciate the help.

My first post, so thanks in advance.
Paul

DaveM
04-01-2008, 10:25 AM
A better description of what a dj database "as you want it" would be very helpful. There may be other apps that would closely resemble it that you could modify slightly and have exactly what you want.

If you are trying to get a list of song names and artists and for a quick lookup, you could start with create a table by genie. There is a music database in there that should get you started.

When in control panel in the tables/sets tab, right click and choose Create new using genie. You will see it as a choice when you scrolll down. Modify it to suit you.

paulantent
04-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the reply. I should have been more specific.

I am looking for a database to manage my office with. Client contact, contracts, scheduling, ect. Cababilities to email contracts and forms to clients, have a calendar, create reports, etc. Possibility to access data on-line.

I hope someone can help.

My current database was done by me many years ago on a windows 3.1 computer and the program was Q&A.

So I am in need of an upgrade asap!

Thanks,
Paul

DaveM
04-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Paul,

Maybe you should post this in the forum section that corresponds to the version of Alpha you have. You would get more exposure and more responses.

What you are describing is a pretty large program and your heading does not do it justice.

CRM, Run an office, emails, reports, contracts, etc is a lot to expect someone to already have made like you want it.

Where did the dj part come in?