PDA

View Full Version : Installing V9 hangs

ABC123

rlgiordano
03-20-2008, 02:00 PM
I tried to install v9 platinum and it gets hung up when installing DhtmED.msi ( have to use task manger to kill to process, attached is the screen capture where it dies).

Thanks
BobG

Selwyn Rabins
03-20-2008, 03:13 PM
I tried to install v9 platinum and it gets hung up when installing DhtmED.msi ( have to use task manger to kill to process, attached is the screen capture where it dies).

Thanks
BobG

dhtmled.msi is a microsoft installer for the dhtmledit activex control.
this control is shipped as a standard part of windows xp, but not vista.

try to download dhtmed.msi from microsoft.com and try to install it on your machine first, before you try to install a5.

you might also want to try turning off uac on vista before doing the install (even though that should not be necessary).

rleunis
03-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Actually I thought I had this problem also. I downloaded file first and saved it. Then when offline from internet and let the installation run when I went to bed at night...In the morning everything was installed. So I do not know how long it took, but it seems that this last 5 seconds was taking hours...regards, Ron

Bill Griffin
03-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Vista with UAC off, no problems.

rlgiordano
03-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Turning of UAC didn't work.
The Problem was Dhtmled.msi was already installed on my computer.
Once I uninstalled dhtmed, I had no problems installing V9.

Thanks
All

Bill Griffin
03-20-2008, 06:57 PM
When Installing you have a choice to repair if it is already installed. Choosing repair does not hang the installation.

rlgiordano
03-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks Bill, but for some reason I had to uninstall dhtmled before running the installation for V9.

BobG

Bill Griffin
03-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Funny how trying to install over an existing installation hangs it up. Thanks to our friends at MS for that.

NoeticCC
03-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Funny how trying to install over an existing installation hangs it up. Thanks to our friends at MS for that.

I'm on XP and I had to randomly replace that file a while back when A5 bafflingly just stopped working...

rlgiordano
03-20-2008, 09:08 PM
I 'am using Vista Ultimate.
When it got to installing dhtml.msi I heard an alert sound but no message!

Bill Griffin
03-20-2008, 09:12 PM
I have ultimate as well. Heard an alert and the actual window for the dhtml installer was buried under the alpha installer. It did look like it hung but when I invoked the task manager, I switched to it and chose repair.

NoeticCC
03-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Gosh I am beginning to understand why my boss doesn't like her new laptop running on Vista! ;-)