PDA

View Full Version : Please go back to Camstasia

ABC123

mmaisterrena
03-21-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't know you guys but i liked better when the videos where made on camstasia studio I really hate when the xing video resolution is greater that the one in my computer and i have no way of viewing wants happening on the sides

MikeC
03-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Mauricio,

I too have that problem...but with IE there is a zoom/reduce feature in the bottom right corner of any page that I adjust in order to see what is shown in the videos. Firefox, I would think, should have a similar feature for those who use that browser.

It would be better not to have to do this but is a work-a-round...now if only the volume can be turned up more!! My sound card is turned up to the max and can still barely hear the presentation.

Dave McCormick
03-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the feedback.
Jing had the advantage of making quick videos of the whole screen, which is how we were able to get so many V9 videos out so quickly. But going forward, we'll keep the screen size and audio in mind.

I've even installed a "junk" PC here in my office at Alpha to test videos on a machine with limited RAM, running windows 2000, with an old video / sound card.

The result should be videos everyone can see and hear.

dm

seaken64
03-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Hey! Watch what you're calling junk! [grin]

Funny thing, I replaced my wifes Win2k P-II 300Mhz with a 1.3Ghz P-IV and WinXP Home. She asked if she could have her old computer back!

DaveM
03-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Sean,

They all do that. Wait til she has used the new one 3 weeks, then give her the old one back and she really will scream!

mariusm
03-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Funny thing is, I was thinking I'd like the videos to be even bigger... they only fit a small part of my screen, and look really cramped.

I guess I'm spoiled with these bigger screens - even my laptop has a 1440x900 resolution :)

MikeC
03-27-2008, 09:54 AM
I guess I'm spoiled with these bigger screens - even my laptop has a 1440x900 resolution

I guess maybe my eyes are just not good enough--at the above resolution I am not comfortable reading anything as it is too small...and I don't wear glasses (yet! Maybe I should?? :) ). On 17 inch screens I still use 800 x 600 and on my widescreen 19 inch LCD I can only use 1024 x 768 comfortably. Anything higher and my nose would hurt from rubbing up against the screen when reading anything! :D