PDA

View Full Version : Are the interfaces scalable in A5 Platinum?

ABC123

JamesNCostello
03-21-2008, 05:11 PM
About 6-8 months ago, I posted the message shown below. It concerned being able to change the font and overall size and appearance of the interfaces in A5v8. I was told that it was not possible in A5v8. Does anyone know if I can do it in the new A5 Platinum. (My poor eyes are getting old and tired... I have a terrible time with the overall small size of some of the interfaces)

Increasing the size of the Table Structure interface

I would really like to enlargen the overall size of the Table Sturcture interface. This is where we create the field names and data types, etc. I would like to change the font to Tahoma or Verdana and increase the font size. Can I do this somehow?

Thanks, for any help.

Jim in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia

jkletrovets
03-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Jim

I doubt you can do it in Alpha. But, try going to control panel->display->appearance tab in windows. Change the font size setting and see how you get on.

Jeff

JamesNCostello
03-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Jeff, I haven't purchased or downloaded a trial copy of A5 Platinum yet, so I can't try your suggestion. That was why I had to post the question. (And of course, we already know that a user can't make any changes to the interfaces in pre-A9 versions) This feature would be very important to me. I'm really hopeful that the improvements I've wanted in the interfaces have been made.

jkletrovets
03-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Jim

I should have been more descriptive. The suggestion I mentioned is actually changing windows settings. It has nothing to do with Alpha. It will increase your display fonts system wide in all windows apps.

Regards,

Jeff

MikeC
03-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Jim,
I don't know about Platinum but in version 8 what you specifically asking for is about the ONLY font you can't change!! :) In Main menu-->View-->Settings-->System Fonts you can change almost everything else up to the maximum of 12 point font. Maybe someone could quickly check out the Platinum beta to be sure the table structure has not been added to it for font change.