PDA

View Full Version : Huh, could this be right?

ABC123

Ed Barley
03-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Version 7 generated 65 replies and 4095 views for V8 Rel date
Version 8 generated 110 replies and 5388 views for platinum rel
Version 9 so far has generated 125 replies and 3808 woops 3817 views so far and climbing.

And Ver 9 board has only been around since about Feb 13th.

Thanks goodness for data base engines and reports...............

Ed

DaveM
03-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Ed,

Alpha has a bigger base and is growing. It is all our jobs to keep it growing for our own benefit. Our future in Alpha really depends on it's strength. It is not a small product, but in the face of the behemoths more like david and goliath. This new version is a really good rock for slaying the giant.

The controversies are coming to a faster than expected end and all is gonna be good.

Ed Barley
03-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Hi Dave,

Just being a little goofy. Maybe too much?? I jumped in with V5, and its initial advertising, as I wanted a windows compatable DB, and wanted to learn how to design and use it. I have been very happy with the product.

Richard was nice enough to answer my email questions last week. I asked a general question in my case. Like everyone else I am waiting to see what is in the offering/works.

I do not need SQL connectivity as of now, although the company I work for is a 100% Oracle user and developer.

I my case I would be happy with the browse features, plus a few more.

Looking forward to Alpha's solutions on pricing and maybe different packages?

Quite a few scenarios out there are far a requirements for developers and the end use of Alpha.

Ed

DaveM
03-26-2008, 12:21 AM
It's all good.

I am working on a very small app which I want to market that will be on several sights in the price range of 50.00. It may be a good thing for the oem, but I have to figure out how I am going to shut off a second copy being installed. Maybe I will fix it so that on install, it will overwrite itself with a message(like text) unless it is on the same system????? or just kill the install.

Need to work this out in v7 and test the market first to see it it is viable to spend that money.

Ed Barley
03-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Have a nice night.

Thanks for the help and suggestions in a few of my posts.

The Gold? Platinum? help on this board from lots of very generous persons with time and expertise makes this a great product, a few notchs up from all others.

Ed