PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand.

ABC123

popellis
03-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Alpha 5 v9 platinum.

Lets say I am an individual who wants to build an application for myself,
I will Need Alpha 5 version 9 to develop and use that application on 1 computer.

Now lets say I become a genius overnight and I would like to build an application and I want to distribute (give away ) or sell to other individuals to use on there 1 computer. I would then need a Runtime version. Would I need a single seat version or the OEM version of runtime? If I used a single seat would I have to by a single seat runtime for every single user application I gave away or sold?

The next senario is I have built the application and now I want 3 user to be able to access this application on there small network of 3 computers, would this senario use the 3 user runtime
If someone else wanted the same application in another place would I then have to purchase another 3 user runtime?

If I Bought the OEM runtime could I create an application that 3 users on a small network could use at the same time?

This gets really confusing.

MikeC
03-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Mark,
Unless I missed something, isn't the Alpha team still deciding on how runtime is not only priced but also how it is to be defined?? IOW, there is no way to answer your current question as it has not been decided yet.

If I did miss it and things have been defined please provide a link as am very interested!

Richard Rabins
03-25-2008, 09:30 PM
We will have some new options that will be straight forward, affordable and will give developers building products in Alpha Five a great deal of flexibility.

We are aiming to have these options announced and available in the next few days

Thanks

Richard Rabins
03-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Mark,
Unless I missed something, isn't the Alpha team still deciding on how runtime is not only priced but also how it is to be defined?? IOW, there is no way to answer your current question as it has not been decided yet.

If I did miss it and things have been defined please provide a link as am very interested!

Mike is correct
thanks

DaveM
03-25-2008, 09:44 PM
THANK YOU RICHARD!!!

I have been the biggest thorn, but so happy it is going to work out. How big did you say that check has to be?? Hope I can afford it.

Your FRIEND(not a foe and never was)

Richard Rabins
03-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the message Dave