PDA

View Full Version : do stylesheets offer resize controls?

ABC123

davidv43
03-25-2008, 09:58 PM
I have created a style I like (very easy btw), but would like to do two things:

1) save the height of the control (text box, e.g) in the stylesheet, so that every new control of the same type is the same height and

2) store the relative position of the control and it's label (label underneath the control)

Is this possible???

Dave Volgas

davidv43
03-26-2008, 12:52 AM
Another question -

when I place a memo field on the form, I do not see a tab to allow me to set the justification of the field (center, right, left). I get it when I select a text box. Is this a bug?

MikeC
03-26-2008, 01:41 AM
David,
Am using version 8

Memo field:

Using Object Properties there are settings for these horizontal settings Plus a bunch of vertical settings as well....BUT I cannot get them to work--in design mode the field name will shift appropriately but in view mode the actual text always stays as Top and Left justified. I would report this as a possible bug unless I am doing something incorrectly...

topparent:A_memo.Align = "Centered" or "Justified" or "Left" or "Right" or "Spaced"

topparent:A_memo.Vertical_align ="Bottom" or "Centered" or "Top"

NoeticCC
03-26-2008, 03:15 AM
I have created a style I like (very easy btw), but would like to do two things:

1) save the height of the control (text box, e.g) in the stylesheet, so that every new control of the same type is the same height and

2) store the relative position of the control and it's label (label underneath the control)

Is this possible???

Dave Volgas

You can set the height and width of inputs in a stylesheet but it's a bit limiting because you might need to use the same stylesheet for something that needs bigger text boxes for example...

PS: Sorry just realised of course you weren't talking about web controls!!!

davidv43
03-26-2008, 08:13 AM
I suppose, by the overwhelming response, that this is not possible. Sure would be nice - speed forms development a LOT. I'll put this under the Features Wish List section.

Dave

georgefurnel
06-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Dave, I agree and personally believe that the possabilities and functionality with the stylesheets could be more to assist with productivity.

Regards
George

MikeC
06-10-2008, 09:48 AM
David,
Did you ever send in the memo field problem as a bug report?? Or does it work for you in version 9? The more bugs fixed and the earlier submitted the better ...

MoGrace
06-10-2008, 11:57 AM
I suppose you could make a dummy form using your stylesheet and a couple of variables to place the control examples. Then copy that form to the table or set you want to make a new form for and use your variable examples to copy their appearance to your field objects, then delete the examples. If you have a dummy table already, you could even make a browse - which the stylesheets don't really give complete control over. I use one of these to save my buttons. But now you have helped give me another idea for it!