PDA

View Full Version : Help with OLE DB

ABC123

Eliot Godfrey
03-26-2008, 05:30 PM
I am creating a form using Adobe Lifecycle. I need to connect to a database using OLE DB to obtain data. Can this be done with Platinum?

Thanks

Selwyn Rabins
03-26-2008, 05:37 PM
I am creating a form using Adobe Lifecycle. I need to connect to a database using OLE DB to obtain data. Can this be done with Platinum?

Thanks

A5 uses ODBC. Is an ODBC driver available? There should be.

NoeticCC
03-26-2008, 06:47 PM

Thanks

If the form is for something non-Alpha, what you need is a driver for that software not for Alpha - sure you can do this in Alpha 5 INSTEAD of Adobe Lifecycle, but since you already spent money on Adobe Lifecycle why would you want to re-do all the work?

Eliot Godfrey
03-26-2008, 08:20 PM
I have a working form in Acrobate now. I need to add 1 field. The field will contain a paragraph of text. I will have to select the field from about 150 paragraphs. I do not want the employee's retyping the paragraph on each form. We do about 2000 forms/month.

Thanks Eliot.

NoeticCC
03-26-2008, 08:28 PM
I have a working form in Acrobate now. I need to add 1 field. The field will contain a paragraph of text. I will have to select the field from about 150 paragraphs. I do not want the employee's retyping the paragraph on each form. We do about 2000 forms/month.

Thanks Eliot.
So what do you want to actually do? Re-create this in Alpha? Then if you can set up a driver yes, you can. But you can't get Alpha to change the form in another application for you, if that is what you need to do.

Do you just want to write a small app that lets them select and copy paragraphs? If so then sure you can do that in Alpha but then you might as well re-do the whole form in that...