PDA

View Full Version : turn off genie?

ABC123

davidv43
03-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Well, using the trial version of Platinum, I am now trying to design a form. The field control genie seems to be stuck on. The button on the drag-n-drop list does not seem to work. Anyone else experiencing this?

Dave Volgas, MD

Selwyn Rabins
03-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Well, using the trial version of Platinum, I am now trying to design a form. The field control genie seems to be stuck on. The button on the drag-n-drop list does not seem to work. Anyone else experiencing this?

Dave Volgas, MD

Do you mean 'supercontrol genie'?

Don't know what the 'field control genie' is.

If you mean 'supercontrol genie' then just go to the toolbox on click on the 'selector' tool (its the first tool in the toolbox).

If you mean something else, please explain in more detail. I can't see anything in the form editor that is NOT working as it would be expected to work.

davidv43
03-28-2008, 08:56 AM
no, i'm using the drap-n-drop field list to place fields on a form. I can't get the genie to turn off.

Selwyn Rabins
03-28-2008, 09:59 AM
no, i'm using the drap-n-drop field list to place fields on a form. I can't get the genie to turn off.

I guess I just don't understand your question.

http://screencast.com/t/8IV3UKb0

Here is my attempt at reproducing what I think you are saying, but as you can see it works fine.

Perhaps you can make a video that describes the bug. You can use www.jingproject.com to make your video.

davidv43
12-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Now that I have the latest build of A5, I still can't seem to get rid of the popup which appears every time I try to drag a field onto a form in the form editor. It's the pop-up which used to appear when you select the Form Genie button at the top of the dragdrop list where you select fields. Problem is, now, the genie button doesn't work and that popup which asks if you want the value of the field, average of the field, count of the field, etc. always pops up.

Dave

Tom Cone Jr
12-19-2008, 04:34 PM
David, using 1901_3230 and AlphaSports, I don't see the behavior you describe when building a new form based on the Customer table. The "form genie" tool at the top of the drag/drop list dialog can be selected and de-selected, but does nothing else, that I've been able to discover. Never having used it before I don't know much about it. But "dragging" a table field, dragging a variable, and dragging a calc field do not cause any additional popup dialogs to appear when they're dropped into the layout.

The only time I recall seeing the dialog you are describing is when I am designing a report layout. Never saw it (iirc) when designing a form layout.

-- tom