PDA

View Full Version : keep Ver 8 files from opening with ver 9

ABC123

popellis
03-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Does anyone know how to keep my version 8 projects from opening with version 9. I have created a shortcut on my desktop or even if I go to the folder of my project and double click on the .ADB file. The Database will open in version 9 instead of version 8.

Selwyn Rabins
03-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Does anyone know how to keep my version 8 projects from opening with version 9. I have created a shortcut on my desktop or even if I go to the folder of my project and double click on the .ADB file. The Database will open in version 9 instead of version 8.

you shortcut needs to specify the executable.

if your shortcust is just the .adb file, then it will open with the program that is registered in windows to open .adb files. that will be a5v9 (unless you do a new install on a5v8, in which case v8 will then become the program that is registered to open .adb files).

you need to edit the shortcut and explicitly state the executeable

e.g.
c:\program files\a5v8\alpha5.exe myadbfile.adb

popellis
03-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Thanks Selwyn

I found that if I right click on the shortcut and went to properties and the general tab there I could choose between the 2 versions and select which one opened the file.

Thanks again for your help

Peter.Greulich
03-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Does anyone know how to keep my version 8 projects from opening with version 9.

In your v8 project, go to the code editor and create a script and save it as "Autoexec"

Add the following code:

If version("v") = "9.0"
ui_msg_box("V 9","You are using the wrong verison for this app")
a5.close()
end if