PDA

View Full Version : Active-link tables MYSQL Error "Field types dont match"

ABC123

slamdunk
03-31-2008, 08:36 PM
My first experience with A5V9 with Active-link tables.

I've created odbc connection for MYSQL database and get the following error while updating a "float" data type in MYSQL which A5V9 treates as Numeric data type by default.

Error: "Field types dont match"

Appreciate any tips to get over it.

Selwyn Rabins
04-01-2008, 10:24 AM

I've created odbc connection for MYSQL database and get the following error while updating a "float" data type in MYSQL which A5V9 treates as Numeric data type by default.

the short term work around (until we fix the bug) is trivial.
1. right click on the active-link table definition and edit it.
2. at the prompt for the "udate" statement, specify that the "SQL for the Update statement" is "custom"

3. edit the Update statement and leave out any float fields from the WHERE clause.

Selwyn Rabins
04-01-2008, 11:21 AM

Why did you create an ODBC connection for MYSQL and not use the built-in MySQL driver in V9 (which does not require that MySQL ODBC driver even be installed).

Using the built-in MySQL driver is the preferred way to connect to MySQL.

When you build your connection string, you will see MySQL listed on the list of database types.

slamdunk
04-02-2008, 07:30 AM
Actually I tried with both ways. Your temp work around is good.

However the speed of quering a remote MYSQL database is quite slow compared to Filemaker 9. May be this is somthing you can work on.

Thanks!

Selwyn Rabins
04-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Actually I tried with both ways. Your temp work around is good.

However the speed of quering a remote MYSQL database is quite slow compared to Filemaker 9. May be this is somthing you can work on.

Thanks!

We don't agree that the speed is slow. In fact, our tests show just the opposite.

You will need to provide more details of the test you are running.