PDA

View Full Version : Report Charting

ABC123

John Fringer
04-01-2008, 03:47 AM
Does version 9 have any new report charting features?

Bill Griffin
04-01-2008, 08:11 AM
No. Just Simplechart Lite (included) or you can purchase the full version of Simplechart at http://www.simplechart.net. Others have used other activex charting programs, try searching this board for more info.

Bill

reynolditpi
04-02-2008, 03:59 PM
I was playing around with the embedded dialogs last night. They make putting a chart on a form 100 times easier.

T

awj
04-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Hello Tony;

Could you clarify & share a bit more about how you did this?

regards, awj :)

I was playing around with the embedded dialogs last night. They make putting a chart on a form 100 times easier.

T

reynolditpi
04-03-2008, 09:59 PM
I am sure somebody else can explain this more clearly then I can. However, I will do my best.

If you use the script genie to create an xdialog box (lets say for a button or global script), you can create an xdialog box that is a simple chart control based off of a table.

It takes just a few seconds to fill in the criteria for the information you want the chart to display.

You can then copy the xbasic from the xdialog.

One of the new supercontrol features is an embedded dialog that you can draw on a form.

Once you draw the embedded xdialog on the form you can edit the control and paste the xbasic from the script genie xdialog box into the code editor for the embedded control.

It worked very well and was easy to set up.

I hope this helps.
Tony

Jerry Gray
04-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Tony,

There is a SimpleCharts Help File in the A5v9 folder. :cool:

I guess it is downloaded with the files for A5v9. I found it when I downloaded the help file from the web site.

Jerry Gray

Keith Hubert
05-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi All,

Can anyone confirm this.

I have the full version Simple Charts working just fine in V8, now I have loaded V9, when I try to run a new chart it can only see the Light version.

The original charts which use the full version still work.

Bill Griffin
05-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Try refreshing the list of activeX controls. They appear on my list (full versions)

Keith Hubert
05-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Hi Bill,

They do apear on my list too.

If I edit the script to run the chart, I get the error message that says it is the light version and can do what I wanted.

So I rem it out and the chart works.

Bill Griffin
05-22-2008, 11:17 AM
I am not really sure what you are trying to say. What error message are you referring to? and is it working or not?

try reinstalling Simplechart full version and unregistering SimplechartLite dll's