PDA

View Full Version : A5 Platinum w/ Active Links - Quickbooks - QODBC - Where can I find more info?

ABC123

David Vaughan
04-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Where can I find a discussion or more info about using Alpha Five Platinum's active link technology with Quickbooks? I already have the full QODBC read/write driver and QB Enterpise 8. Am about to upgrade to A5 Platinum.

Al? Brad? Anyone? How's it working? Issues? Limitations? Functionality compared to A5v8? Big difference or not-so-much?

I've searched here and there but can't find anything.

Thanks for any insight. ~David Vaughan

Al Buchholz
04-01-2008, 07:30 PM
David

I haven't wrapped myself around all of v9 yet, but I did try a couple of QB tables in active-linked tables and found that they worked well.

Since QB is an application rather than a database, the SQL in the active-linked tables needed to be tweaked, but it was easy and straightforward to do.

I'm looking forward to v9 being the basis for a solid connection between A5 and QB.

Keep me up to date with what you are doing and I'll do the same.

David Vaughan
04-02-2008, 04:37 AM
Thanks Al.

It seems we have an excellent set of tools to help us build custom QB solutions. I'm amazed that more people aren't rushing to take advantage?!

Once I finish a few more tax returns, I should be ready to get to work! I was looking for a little push to help get me going in the right direction. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again, ~David