PDA

View Full Version : Browse not showing info

ABC123

gagsoft
04-04-2008, 05:30 AM
I have a MySQL database. Using A5V9 active link tables to connect a form with header table details fields and a browse showing detail table info.
When updating the detail table in the browse, it updates the table on the server.
When I close the form and open it again, it does not show the detail info in the browse. But the table was updated and it shows on the server. Even when closing everything, the application and A5V9
and restarting it, nada.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Peter Gagiano

gagsoft
04-04-2008, 05:39 AM
I now created another form with the same configuration.....exactly the same results. Also created another form that just looks at the detail table not using the set. This form shows the updated info...this is weird.

Thanks
Peter Gagiano

gagsoft
04-04-2008, 06:23 AM
Created another set using the same tables and a form with the same configuration as above. I get the same results.

gagsoft
04-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Sorry for posting the previous threads. The foreign was not updating. This is what to little sleep does to you.

Thanks

Peter Gagiano

gagsoft
04-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Oops I meant The foreign key was not updating.

NoeticCC
04-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Oops I meant The foreign key was not updating.

Ah! Yes that makes sense - I have been playing around with active link tables more often recently and had some similar and other weird issues, will need to sleep on it to check whether it is really a problem or my bad for not getting enough sleep (been waking up very early recently, not staying up too late!)... I could have sworn the primary key sequence on my active link tables used to advance properly but now it doesn't any more...