PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Five V9 serious Error

ABC123

WicksWar
04-06-2008, 04:46 PM
I installed an evaluation copy of A5V9. After the installation the application works fine. However, when I restart my computer and startup V9 I get the following error:
Title of the popup window is "Errors during load."

Error running addin 'startup_a5controls':Could not open OLE object
'a5controls.resource9'
Error running addin 'startup_xdialog_context':Could not open OLE object
'a5contexteval.contexteval9'

I have uninstalled V9 and reinstalled it, and I continue to get the error. Tough to evaluate V9 if I cannot get it running. I am running vista, would that cause an issue? V8 is running just fine.

Another note, at the very end of the installation of V9 I get the following about the DHTML editing component setup wizard.
Repair it or Remove it. This shouldn't be the cause of my problem with V9.
When I select to repair it the result is 'successful.'

Any ideas.

Steve Workings
04-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Dunno anything about the majority of what you're reporting.

But I do know the DHTML message has to to with Vista installations. Alpha's aware of this, and I had it explained to me. If I remember, it's more Vista than Alpha on this one. Don't worry about this -- the others of course are important. I hope someone can help you solve 'em.

Bill Griffin
04-07-2008, 08:15 AM
You might get more help posting this in the Alpha Five Version 9 Platinum section.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstall as administrator? (right click on the install exe) Also try turning off UAC prior to the install. The DHTML editing component is required on Vista, since MS no longer includes it. When you do a reinstall, choose repair. I recall Vista causing me all kinds of problems prior to turning off UAC.

Selwyn Rabins
04-07-2008, 02:11 PM
I installed an evaluation copy of A5V9. After the installation the application works fine. However, when I restart my computer and startup V9 I get the following error:
Title of the popup window is "Errors during load."

Error running addin 'startup_a5controls':Could not open OLE object
'a5controls.resource9'
Error running addin 'startup_xdialog_context':Could not open OLE object
'a5contexteval.contexteval9'

I have uninstalled V9 and reinstalled it, and I continue to get the error. Tough to evaluate V9 if I cannot get it running. I am running vista, would that cause an issue? V8 is running just fine.

Another note, at the very end of the installation of V9 I get the following about the DHTML editing component setup wizard.
Repair it or Remove it. This shouldn't be the cause of my problem with V9.
When I select to repair it the result is 'successful.'

Any ideas.

for some reason, registering some of the a5 controls on your machine has failed. normally these controls are registered when the a5 install program is run.

you can register them manually.
you will need to register a5controls.dll and a5contexteval.dll

to register a control manually, you simply go to the a5 program folder and right click on the file and select "open with"
you need to select regsvr32.exe (which is in the window/system32 folder).

WicksWar
04-08-2008, 03:07 PM
I need to watch were I post my messages.

The problem goes away when I execute V9 as the administrator.

Thank you for the help. Every one is a wealth of information.

Selwyn Rabins
04-08-2008, 03:24 PM
I need to watch were I post my messages.

The problem goes away when I execute V9 as the administrator.

Thank you for the help. Every one is a wealth of information.

that's strange.
you should not need to be an administrator to execute alpha five.

are you running on vista?
when you installed, were you logged on as an administrator?

you may need to be an administrator to register dll files. however, once the dlls have been successfully registered, it should be possible to run with lower permissions.

forskare
04-08-2008, 11:17 PM
You might get more help posting this in the Alpha Five Version 9 Platinum section.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstall as administrator? (right click on the install exe) Also try turning off UAC prior to the install. The DHTML editing component is required on Vista, since MS no longer includes it. When you do a reinstall, choose repair. I recall Vista causing me all kinds of problems prior to turning off UAC.

This is the v9 Platinum forum.

kenn

Bill Griffin
04-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Well Ken , this was in the V9 Server forum. It was moved.

forskare
04-08-2008, 11:54 PM
Well Ken , this was in the V9 Server forum. It was moved.

Well sir, my apology. I did not see an indication that it was in the other forum.

kenn

Bill Griffin
04-09-2008, 06:24 AM
No apology necessary. There usually is an indication that something was moved from a forum, although I have noticed things moving from forum to forum without any indication lately.

NoeticCC
04-10-2008, 05:15 AM
Dunno anything about the majority of what you're reporting.

But I do know the DHTML message has to to with Vista installations. Alpha's aware of this, and I had it explained to me. If I remember, it's more Vista than Alpha on this one. Don't worry about this -- the others of course are important. I hope someone can help you solve 'em.

I got errors like that when a file to do with Internet Explorer 7 got corrupted, too, so it is not just Vista that can have this problem...