PDA

View Full Version : Can not connect to remote Access db

ABC123

APFCClyde
04-07-2008, 02:26 PM
I am trying to build a connection string to a remote access database on a server on the web (Passive link). When I browse to the website, it appears Alpha copies the database to the local temp directory & uses that path in the string instead of using the website address. Then when the temp directory is cleared of course the db file is gone. If I try to enter the website address manually, I get error messages (invalid path, etc). Am i wrong in thinking that Alpha V9 can connect over tcp/ip?

Selwyn Rabins
04-07-2008, 11:46 PM
I am trying to build a connection string to a remote access database on a server on the web (Passive link). When I browse to the website, it appears Alpha copies the database to the local temp directory & uses that path in the string instead of using the website address. Then when the temp directory is cleared of course the db file is gone. If I try to enter the website address manually, I get error messages (invalid path, etc). Am i wrong in thinking that Alpha V9 can connect over tcp/ip?

you can connect to a real database server over tcp/ip. e.g. mysql, sql server, oracle, etc.

access is not a database server. it is a file.

APFCClyde
04-08-2008, 04:06 PM
thx - nuf said.