PDA

View Full Version : Active Link error

ABC123

stuartc
04-08-2008, 04:55 PM
This was posted in the Application Server forum in error

I created a simple table using MySQL on SCO Openserver 6. When I try to do a 'save as active link table' from the 'database explorer' I get the following message.

--------

Could not get active table definition.
Could not get information about table.
Database API specific error.

Your database has returened the following error code and description to Alpha5.

Error 1146 - 'Table 'Suppliers.SUPPLIER' doesn' exist executing query in Table InfoGetColumnInfo'

------

However I can view the data and create a report which works from the database explorer.

Can you advise me please

Thank you

Stuart Codd

stuartc
04-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Further to my post I have now downloaded and successfully accessed the file and added records to it using Filemaker to prove to myself that the MySQL was correctly setup.

I still cannot get it to work in Alpha5 however.

The error message in my above post refers to 'Suppliers.SUPPLIER' however on unix being case sensitive it is actually 'Suppliers.supplier'

Could this be the problem?

Can anyone please advise because this definitely seems to be an error.

Thanks

Stuart

Selwyn Rabins
04-09-2008, 09:59 PM
This was posted in the Application Server forum in error

I created a simple table using MySQL on SCO Openserver 6. When I try to do a 'save as active link table' from the 'database explorer' I get the following message.

--------

Could not get active table definition.
Could not get information about table.
Database API specific error.

Your database has returened the following error code and description to Alpha5.

Error 1146 - 'Table 'Suppliers.SUPPLIER' doesn' exist executing query in Table InfoGetColumnInfo'

------

However I can view the data and create a report which works from the database explorer.

Can you advise me please

Thank you

Stuart Codd

I can repeat the problem, but there is a trivially simple work around.

The problem ONLY happens when the Active-link it created from the Database Explorer by right clicking on a tablename and selecting 'Save as...'

If you create the active link table by going to the Control Panel, and selecting the Tables/Sets tab then clicking the 'New' button and selecting Active Link table, it should be OK.

Can you please confirm that it is for you?

Thanks

Selwyn Rabins
04-09-2008, 10:11 PM
this bug is fixed now. fix will be in next patch.
to repeat - the problem only occurred if the active-link was created from the Database explorer, and only on Database Servers that are case-sensitive for table names.

stuartc
04-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Selwyn,

I can confirm that the create New Table/Sets works. I did not appreciate that at first because I thought it was to create a new table only and did not appreciate it linked to an existing one.

Thanks

Stuart