PDA

View Full Version : A5v9 User Manual PDF?

ABC123

Wonnov Menny
04-14-2008, 06:33 AM
Anyone know if/where I can download a user manual/user guide (preferably PDF) for Alpha Five v9 Platinum? I can then print it, I like to have a hard copy manual.

Bill Griffin
04-14-2008, 08:06 AM
You can download it HERE (http://www.alphasoftware.com/documentation/)

Lance Gurd
04-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Vic,

What Bill should have pointed out is this document is 8579 pages long, so care needed when printing (think of the trees!) and a great source of information on Alpha 5, however I have not been able to find any items specific to V9 in it yet. The document will certainly give a good background into everything upto and including V8 then the new bits are just great fun experimenting with.

Bill Griffin
04-14-2008, 01:01 PM
There is a big difference in size between the v8 and v9 pdf as well as number of pages (8154 vs 8579) But I have not found any V9 documentation either.

MikeC
04-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Hi,
If just the "user manual/user guide" is wanted the version 8 one was "just" 977 pages...about the same as Don Quixote but at least it is less than War and Peace!! :)

Wonnov Menny
04-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the info. I've D/L the pdf file referred to, and as mentioned, it is a long document which more suited to printing out just the relevant section as/when required.

I'm new to A5, other database I've used came supplied with printed user manual. I assumed A5 would also have one available, but the pdf is an help file not an actual printer ready user manual. It's better than nothing though :)

I have seen the various books etc available from alpha 5 shop, but couldn't find any that refer specifically to A5v9, which is apparently quite different and enhanced from previous versions.

I suspect books and resources for A5v9 may start appearing as it becomes more popular though.

popellis
04-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Vic

It usually takes quite some time for a new book to come out. Since the writers of these books are not employed by Alpha software. They are all independent or third party companies.Since version 9 was just released I wouldn't look for a new book for about 6 months, Just a guess.

As you have seen there is a users guide that is part of the Help file PDF. You may be able to print just the users manual, or take it to a office supply/copy center, they will print and bind it into a book for you. Although the users guide alone is still of good size 1353 pages single sided or 677 pages double sided.