PDA

View Full Version : SimpleChart Revisited

ABC123

jas
04-17-2008, 04:54 PM
I need to print a number of reports with line charts included, from a web site. I've created a sample report on the desktop and it works beautifully. When I print that same report as .pdf or .html from a browser, the report and all data shows up, but not the line chart. Does a chart created by SimpleChart on a desktop report not translate when same report is run from a browser.? I even opened the tables created in the session.session folder and the report printed properly, so I know the data tables and such are being created properly. I was under the impression that the previous problems with printing SimpleChart charts and graphs was fixed. If I am wrong, then I am in deep doo doo.

If anybody has any pertinent info on this , please share it. I've searched the message board and I see there are ways to put a chart or graph on a web page but that doesn't help me. I really really need them to show up on a report.

Thanks
Jim

Bill Griffin
04-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Jim,

I am having no problems printing charts from a desktop app. I printed to printers as well as pdf files (see attached). This was definitly a problem in the past where the chart would render to a very small graphic when printing, but that was fixed with the last Simplechart update, which was prior to V9 coming out. The attached is printed from V9 and looks and works the same as V8.

I cannot confirm that this works from the web. Which version of the WAS are you on? How did you apply the simplechart fix to your WAS system or is this a new installation? Perhaps you should post this in the app server forum as well.

Bill

jas
04-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Bill, I am also having no problem printing a report with a chart. I guess I didn't explain properly. When I try to save the report as either a .pdf or .html document either from the desktop or from a wep app everything shows up EXCEPT the chart. The jpg screen shot shows the chart that should appear at the bottom of the attached .pdf report. However, as you can see where the chart should be there's just blank space! My problem is producing a report that can be previewed then printed from a web app that shows the chart.

Any ideas??

Thanks
Jim

Bill Griffin
04-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Print is ok. Is the print preview ok? I had an odd problem with PDF's and Vista (with SP1 Installed) Have you tried this on another system??

jas
04-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Print preview works fine. I'm not using Vista. I have Win XP Home but I'll try it on my laptop which has Win XP Pro. It seems to be a conversion problem because it does not work in any of the save as formats... .pdf, .html, .rtf etc.; yet it previews and prints properly.
Jim

jas
04-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Just tried it on my laptop. Same problem.
Jim

Bill Griffin
04-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Possibly the only difference is that I have the full version of simplechart. Do you have V8 or just V9 on your system?

jas
04-18-2008, 01:51 PM
I have the full version, I believe it's 2.1, of SimpleChart as well and am using Alpha V9.
Jim

Bill Griffin
04-18-2008, 01:55 PM
jim,

Sorry. Can't think of anything else, other than posting your app and see if I get the same results here.

Bill