PDA

View Full Version : Creating Install on Network with dbase (Native File Format)

ABC123

timveach
04-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Can anyone tell me how to implement A5V9 or A5V8 on a network? Is it better to put everything on the server or some files on the workstations? Is there a white paper from Alpha that details the most efficent way to do this based on experience? Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Workings
04-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Have you used the search feature on this board? I know this has been asked/discussed before.

Basically, put the program files on the workstations, the shared data on the network server.

Then, if you're experiencing sub-standard performance, consider network optimization. Helpdocs and Searching here will say more than I need to repeat here.

timveach
04-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks Steve I will look further.

Selwyn Rabins
04-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Can anyone tell me how to implement A5V9 or A5V8 on a network? Is it better to put everything on the server or some files on the workstations? Is there a white paper from Alpha that details the most efficent way to do this based on experience? Any help would be appreciated.

You should put your application on the server.
You should install a5v9 full version or a5v9 runtime or a5v9 run engine on each client workstation.

each work station should open the application on the server and then immediately create a "network optimized" shadow database. (see tools, network optimize).