PDA

View Full Version : How/where to select options for RT reports?

ABC123

NoeticCC
04-23-2008, 07:49 AM
I am a bit confused about the changes to the Runtime + in V9, it said somewhere that you could decide whether users can edit reports and so forth but where would one do this?

Bill Griffin
04-23-2008, 08:13 AM
From the runtime doc:

NOTE: Runtime+ users cannot invoke the report editors from the Control Panel. As part of your application design, you must create menu entries that execute the appropriate Xbasic (described below) to launch the report editor. Runtime+ users can only edit and create reports that are based on native Alpha Five tables – i.e. .dbf files.

I dont allow anyone to edit reports, so I have never used this feature. There are samples in the Runtime documentation, which is included when you purchase the runtime.

NoeticCC
04-23-2008, 08:17 AM
From the runtime doc:

NOTE: Runtime+ users cannot invoke the report editors from the Control Panel. As part of your application design, you must create menu entries that execute the appropriate Xbasic (described below) to launch the report editor. Runtime+ users can only edit and create reports that are based on native Alpha Five tables – i.e. .dbf files.

Thanks, can't get to Alpha's site at the moment and have the RT doc at home so couldn't look it up! Thanks for that :)