PDA

View Full Version : adding PDF reports to WEB app. Video

ABC123

Anis
04-24-2008, 01:24 PM
I have 2 questions:

1- If the report is based on a set, the properties for the afterValidate doesn't show the tables in the set to add conditions for filtering when you click on Insert genie and pick print reports. It only shows the fields in the first table in that set.!!!!

2- for the type 1=ALL, 2=Selected
Can you select more than one in the selected choice, or does it have to be either ALL or only one from the selected drop down box ?

NoeticCC
04-24-2008, 02:34 PM
I have 2 questions:

1- If the report is based on a set, the properties for the afterValidate doesn't show the tables in the set to add conditions for filtering when you click on Insert genie and pick print reports. It only shows the fields in the first table in that set.!!!!
That would bebecause sets aren't used/usable in WAS I believe

2- for the type 1=ALL, 2=Selected
Can you select more than one in the selected choice, or does it have to be either ALL or only one from the selected drop down box ?
I am sure you can code that either way you want, whatever your needs are, surely?

Steve Wood
04-24-2008, 02:51 PM
The answer to the first question is, Yes the Genie in AfterValidate DOES show all of the related tables in a Set. Look again, under Filter Expression you will find all of the related tables in the dropdown box. Or you can manually reference a related table with this syntax: mytable->myfield. Example: "(( \"A\" $ Client ) ) .and. (( \"R\" $ Tr_Clients->Client_name ) )"

On question two, where do you see "for the type 1=ALL, 2=Selected"? What are you referring to?

Anis
04-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Steve;

I will try that for number 1 but definately the Genie doesn't show the tables in a set. It shows the first table only.

for the second qeustion, when I designed the component to pick a report to print, you make choices for the user to select ALL records or based on some filtering of a specific field(s).

Please see attached. if you would like to see the component setup let me know.

Steve Wood
04-24-2008, 04:16 PM
See the image. Tables in the Set. AfterValidate > Insert > Genie > PrintReport > Select a report based on Set > Filter.

Your RadioBox only selects one or the other. But if you make the dropdownbox height > 1, then you have the option for multi-select. Then look for examples on the board about using ".dump" to extract those selections to a list or array for use in the filter.

Anis
04-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Steve;

Even thou my reports are based on a set, the filter builder doesn't show me the tables. please see the images.

Bill Griffin
04-24-2008, 04:57 PM
In the drop down box where you see Account, you should see the other tables in your set. You will not see all fields for all tables. You must select the table first using the drop down.

Anis
04-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Bill;

If you look at the image carefully you will see that I'm selecting the table "Account" not the fields.
That's the only table that's available.

MikeC
04-24-2008, 05:40 PM
If anything like the desktop (and it shouldn't be I would think) the only tables seen in situations like this are the parent and any one-to-many children....one-to-one children cannot be used (from the genie at least). I have found this to be true with most operations and such.

Anis
04-24-2008, 05:44 PM
The set I'm using is:

Account -> Feed (one to many)
Feed ->Salecode (one to one)

So is that the problem ?

MikeC
04-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Most likely not as you should still be able to see the Feed table which is one-to-many.

But is not very hard to test out these types of things right--try a simple set that is similar to see. Will know then in a matter of a minute or two I would think.

Anis
04-24-2008, 05:57 PM
I tested the same database with only one to many set and it still didn't show the tables so I guess one to one is not causing the problem, it must be somthing else.

Steve Wood
04-24-2008, 09:29 PM
In your image that's the right Filter Builder screen for a set. The same screen for a table looks different. Could it be that you have two reports with the same name, one based on a table? (I did test this and it seems not to matter). Also, I see the code in your Activate event screen, just try (on a new dialog) omitting all that and only using the Print Report genie on the AfterValidate event to see if the stuff on the Activate event page conflicts.

-- the below corrects some inaccurate information in previous posts
1) Also, if you compare Set to what you see in the (web) Filter Builder, you will see that is only ONE-to-ONE children that show up, not 1-m. (Except your case, where neither seem to show up.:() So, are your relationships one-to-one? And if so, do you have any additional non-default settings in your set structure?

2) FYI - on Reports, the Filter Builder shows BOTH 1-1 and 1-m.

MikeC
04-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Hey!! Thanks Steve for pointing out the differences. Looks like I must have had a freudian slip when I first posted

If anything like the desktop (and it shouldn't be ...
I intended the opposite which apparently is wrong. And I was just throwing out what I thought were similar possibilities but obviously just showed my inexperience with the Web Side !! :)

Anis
04-24-2008, 09:57 PM
One thing is for sure, I do have the same name for a table and one for a set. I will try to create a unique report on a set and start with a new dialoge to test this.
In the set I have there's nothing special, all defaults, no expressions.

Anis
04-25-2008, 02:22 PM
I created a new database with new simple set and new report, and finally new dialoge componenet.
The afteractive properties DOES NOT show the tables in the set, it still shows the first table's fields only. and the dropdwon box shows only that table.

It's strange because I thought I might be doing something wrong first, but this new database is very simple and the set is just one to many simple set.
The reports I'm picking is based on that set.

Any idea ?

Bill Griffin
04-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Can you zip the database and post it here for new eyes to see?

Anis
04-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Reviewing this thread one more time, I just realized that Steve mentioned that only ONE to ONE set will show up not ONE to MANY.

I don't know if there's a reason behind this, and that will make that feature not usable in many reports, if I understand it correctly.