PDA

View Full Version : Awful Phone Support

ABC123

mastermind315
04-28-2008, 06:30 PM
I've been trying to contact customer support since 1pm... now it's 5:29pm every time I call I stay on hold for more than 20 minutes and nobody pick the phone...so I have to hung up. I'm interested on buying a license for alpha five V9 but placing the order online decline the order. I contacted the credit card and everything is ok. They told me that it has to be with the company I'm placing the order. What I read on this forum about the great service is already on doubt.

MikeC
04-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Elliot,

What I read on this forum about the great service is already on doubt.
I have never read anything about great service regarding phoning Alpha...In fact there are quite a few messages that are similar to yours. But there are many, MANY instances of fantastic support not only from this messageboard's users but also from the Alpha support staff that frequents this messageboard (including the Rabin brothers who are the CEOs). So any doubt to be casted would be on the Phone Support perhaps which is very different indeed.

I just wanted to give another opinion so as to hopefully give others reading this a way to compare and decide for themselves what the overall service is...apart from the phone area I find it exemplary.

Note--I do understand the frustration you must be having though--something has to be changed about how this is done I think.

DaveM
04-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Elliot and Mike,

I do agree. If I owned a company with the phone support in service and sales Alpha has. I would be turned upside down in five minutes. Possibly, heads would roll. I have faced it and do not wish to face it again.

If either CEO would leave the building and go to another state and try to call in like a paying customer. Things would change fast.

I have always just passed it off as the people they are forced to hire in the area where the company is located are not the best at anything when talking about service. It has gotten worse over the years(my opinion).

Mass. has a very bad reputation in our area for not the greatest people to deal with. Most salesmen had rather not deal with them. They are down there with a couple other states.

Selyn and Richard are from S. Africa(they are different).

Ed Barley
04-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi Elliot,

I can't add much to what Mike and Dave said.

But they have always answered my emails. I always give them a day or so, and they have always answered back, addressing all of my questions and concerns.

Try sales@alphasoftware.com I be they will get back to you. It is better than a call.

Regards

Ed

trackmanpete
04-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Dave:
I would suggest that you be a little more diplomatic in your generalized comments about people in Massachusetts. People up here are quite nice, work hard and aren't much different from the people down in Florida, California or Australia. I came up to the Boston area 24 years ago from NJ and have never regretted it. As far as the people at Alpha are concerned, I have visited them on a number of occasions, originally at their old location and recently at their new location. I have never had a negative reaction to any of the staff.

So, before I start picking on Goofy, Donald and the Devil Rays (Rays), who just gave the Red Sox a pretty good beating, I will sign off hoping you have some better experiences with those of us up north...

russ Boehle
04-28-2008, 09:26 PM
The sox had the flu. Wait till the next series!! they'll do better. Oh, and I'm in CT, much better people than in Mass ;)

Russ

mastermind315
04-28-2008, 11:14 PM
I did not mean all this comments, what I really thought was that there were few people working on the support area and couldn't answer all the calls. As you can read I said I never had the chance to talk with anyone, so the issue is not the way I got the support. I do believe in the product, in fact I'm really amazed with Alpha Five, it does what the company promotes, speed, ease of use, great performance, security and all the good stuff you ever wish for an application.

NoeticCC
04-29-2008, 02:20 AM
I did not mean all this comments, what I really thought was that there were few people working on the support area and couldn't answer all the calls. As you can read I said I never had the chance to talk with anyone, so the issue is not the way I got the support. I do believe in the product, in fact I'm really amazed with Alpha Five, it does what the company promotes, speed, ease of use, great performance, security and all the good stuff you ever wish for an application.

I haven't tried the phone support but generally the email support I've received has been great, and I am sure if you email him directly Richard (depending on what it is you want to talk about!) will be glad to ring you or to tell you when someone is available.

This is their official "support" page: http://www.alphasoftware.com/support/