PDA

View Full Version : Runtime V9 License at Site?

ABC123

gschepp
04-29-2008, 01:34 AM
I created the full install package this morning and installed it on a computer at a different location. After opening the Runtime V9 it asked for the license number. Do I enter the license number I was issued with the CD for my Runtime copy?

I wasn't able to try that if it was the case cause I didn't have the license number handy. If it is not then I need to know what to do.

Thanks

NoeticCC
04-29-2008, 04:18 AM
If this is where the per seat RT Engine is supposed to be installed, then yes I believe so.

gschepp
04-29-2008, 09:37 AM
So the site needs to have the same license that I used for my RunTime installation? (I didn't get the Run Engine version)

NoeticCC
04-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Oh I see - I don't think the setup is supposed to ask for a RT license with the "no active link tables" RTs.... at least that is what I was told.

gschepp
04-29-2008, 12:45 PM
I tried again at the site this morning and it still asks for the license and I used my RT v9 license and it wouldn't take it.

Anyone out there know what to do????

Looking at the CD it states Version 9 PLATINUM Run-Engine.

BUT the sticker label states A5V9 - Lic RT_Basic - 1 user

I purchased RunTime not Run-Engine.

Doug Page
04-29-2008, 01:48 PM
I would suggest contacting Sales@alphasoftware.com for the fastest answer.

gschepp
04-29-2008, 01:49 PM
I've done that and so far no response in over an hour. Trying Mr Rabins now.

Doug Page
04-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Although an hour probably seems like an eternity to you and your client, it isn't really all that long in software support terms.

Looking at Alpha's software support page, if you purchased the product in the last 30 days, they would like you to post an incident to their help desk:

http://was.alphasoftware.com/support/

gschepp
04-29-2008, 01:57 PM
I tried using that too but it refused to submit because order number does not the right length and they haven't changed it to include V9 yet.

I've checked all the help files I could find and it also apparently is not entirely current for V9. There are references mostly to V8. The help file is also missing other V9 features such as the throttle.

gschepp
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
SOLUTION IS:

RT license is needed when installing customer application.

RT license is same number that came with RT.

NoeticCC
04-29-2008, 03:12 PM
SOLUTION IS:

RT license is needed when installing customer application.

RT license is same number that came with RT.

I thought you said earlier on that that didn't work?

Selwyn Rabins
04-29-2008, 04:18 PM
I thought you said earlier on that that didn't work?

he did, but apparently he was typing it in incorrectly.

gschepp
04-30-2008, 01:53 AM
The first time I did a copy and paste of the number saved to notepad on the flashdrive. Even manually typed it in after it failed.

The copy might have resulted in unseen characters being inserted.