PDA

View Full Version : A5V9 Runtime

ABC123

Al Lipsky
04-29-2008, 05:33 PM
I purchased and down loaded A5V9 Runtime PLUS (enterprise edition)
I installed on my computer (main)
I then installed A5V9 Platinum, now every time I start the Platinum version and I open "help" about up pops Runtime PLUS (enterprise edition)
I went to add/remove programs and deleated the a5v8 runtime.
I went to directory they were installed and only the platinum directory is there.
I don't know how to get this streightened out.
Is it in the registry or doc & settings ???
Al
Please respond quickly as I am really frustrated..

NoeticCC
04-29-2008, 05:35 PM
I don't know if this is what causes your problem, but it says when you install the RT that you are supposed to install A5V9 FIRST and only THEN install the RT.

Al Lipsky
04-29-2008, 05:54 PM
I was NOT apprised of that prior to installation.
Be that as it may, I have a problem at this time and ask for help to find the solution.

NoeticCC
04-29-2008, 06:01 PM
I was NOT apprised of that prior to installation.
Be that as it may, I have a problem at this time and ask for help to find the solution.

Hm, trying it again it isn't coming up with the warning either... maybe I was mis-remembering this from the RT update or something?

Tom Cone Jr
04-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Al, it sounds like Windows' file association list is relating the .ADB extenstion to your runtime exe instead of your full version exe. Can't you fix this in explorer? (Using File Types tab of the Folder Options dialog, available from the Tools menu when opening any folder with Windows Explorer).

fsi
04-29-2008, 06:13 PM
When R/T is installed, I believe it makes certain registry entries that permit the PRE-EXISTING Alpha 5 Developer install to know where to find it when packaging the application for deployment. Due to your installation order, ie: R/T before Dev, it may be the required settings are incorrect.

Thus, I believe you are looking at a registry issue.
I suggest you go to registry, HKCU/Software/Alpha Software and delete all keys & subkeys you find under that level. Then delete all alpha program directories. Reboot. Reinstall. This time, the Developer version first.

Bob Whitaker
04-30-2008, 05:05 AM
Are you trying to start your application by simply double clicking the ADB file or a shortcut to it. In which case it may simply be a case of changing the file associations in Windows Explorer.

Bob

Al Lipsky
04-30-2008, 12:48 PM
I am srarting from the Platinum alpha.exe

melmitts707
04-30-2008, 01:55 PM
When I installed A5v9 followed by A5v9 Runtime, all of my shortcuts seemed to be reset to point at the runtime alpha.exe. I just edited the shortcuts to point back to the original A5v9 folder and everything worked as it should. My problem was fixed. Don't know if that is your problem, just a thought...

Al Lipsky
04-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Horay..
I fixed it thanks to Jon Larson's suggestion.
Went to registry HKCU and deleated all software references to A5V9 BUT left my A5V8 alone
Re installed A5V9 runtime and now all is well.
Thanks to all that responded..

dik_coleman
04-30-2008, 06:35 PM
First let me say that I am going to try looking into the HK.... whatever when I finish here. BUT -- I have the opposite problem with a twist...

When I downloaded the patches for V9, and then installed them. Both my laptop and desktop version 9 adb's were destroyed... I am aware that it might be something that I have done, but both worked OK in both places before the patch was installed.

After several hours, I was finally able to re-install both and upgrade to the new patch on my laptop.

Now to the problem: my desktop computer will allow me to re-install the developer V9 (and upgrade the patch) BUT it WILL NOT properly install the runtime. No matter what I do (got help clearing out all references to V9 in places I didn't know they existed from a reputable source then uninstalled both and reinstalled the developer) the runtime ends up as the developer. Yes - I know the difference between the disks and I am sure that I got that part right.

Will return later with any progress...

D

dik_coleman
04-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Update......
HKCU---> removed all references to A5V9 Runtime
Control Panel ----> uninstalled runtime

re-installed runtime

all is now OK.

BUT both are not yet 'patched'.

Hopefully this will not be (again) catastrophic..

Let y'all know.
D

PS all is 'patched' and all is OK.... I have no idea what caused all the 'mess' but it's over now.
Thanx to all for the help and solution
D