PDA

View Full Version : VOIP and Alpha5v7

ABC123

Judith
10-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi

I was just wondering and hoping if anyone in the UK has managed to use the dial up feature in Alpha5 with VOiP. We have just installed all the BT software to use VOIP but can't get Alpha5 to recognise it.

Any help or advice gratefully received.

Regards Judith

ChrisHawkes
10-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi Judith

What software are you using? If it is BT Office Communicator then, I don't think that Alpha's functions will work, but I could be wrong.

Regards

Chris

Judith
10-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply, I have found a sort of way round it!!

I have put a button on the form that opens BT Office Communicator and the operator will copy and paste the phone number into Office Communicator.

Regards

Judith

Larry Gordon
08-21-2009, 05:46 AM
Hi Judith,
I was wondering if you'd progressed any further with the Alpha/VOIP link - it's something I would also like to do. From Chris's response I'm guessing there is alternative software to be used instead of BT Office Communicator.
Kind regards
Larry

Judith
09-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Hi

I'm sorry but we didn't pursue it any further. I only got as far as cutting and pasting the phone number from Alpha5 into the BT Office Communicator Window.

Regards

Judith

NoeticCC
09-08-2009, 07:14 PM
For desktop I don't know but for web, if you use Internet Explorer and Skype is installed, phone numbers on screen automatically convert to Skype "call this person" links...