PDA

View Full Version : Hi to UK Users

ABC123

Angus Wolfendale
11-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself to other UK Alpha users. I am currently in evaluation mode having found too many bugs in Access and looking for an alternative DB tool. So far I am very impressed with the intuitive nature of the software. I am NOT a programmer, so going native in basic is unfamiliar to me. The script builder overcomes this. Using the sample databases, I have started building my application and hopefully it will meet with my employers approval and I can convince them to purchase the full licence.

I wish I could find a good book on Alpha, however. Going through the excellent video's is OK, but I want a reference that I can easily work with when I meet a specific need/problem. Can anyone recommend one, or is there in fact such a book?

Angus Wolfendale

Angus Wolfendale
11-18-2008, 12:43 PM
I searched through old messages on here and found reference to Liberty Manuals so have downloaded A5V9.

Lance Gurd
11-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Hi Angus, and welcome to the world of Alpha 5.

Alpha 5 made easy is a great reference manual and will help get you started, the Alphasports database in the samples that come with Alpha is a great place to help as well. All elements within the finished product are well documented. There are quite a few other sample databases to play around with, but most of these are a bit more advanced. Then there is always this board which is a wealth of knowledge on all levels. Good luck

Keith Hubert
11-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi Angus,

If you need any help just give me a call and I'll do the best I can.

Angus Wolfendale
11-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks Guys, it is a pleasure to know there is a supportive community out there!