PDA

View Full Version : Calculated fields in letter or report

ABC123

timrutland
02-06-2009, 02:52 PM
In Alpha4, I have used the report form to write a letter which includes calculated fields since the letter form can't accomodate those fields. My report form is in a set which draws information and fields from two connected databases. In Alpha5, do I still have to use a report form or can I use a letter? I can't figure out how to do this.

Al Buchholz
02-06-2009, 02:55 PM
In Alpha4, I have used the report form to write a letter which includes calculated fields since the letter form can't accomodate those fields. My report form is in a set which draws information and fields from two connected databases. In Alpha5, do I still have to use a report form or can I use a letter? I can't figure out how to do this.
A letter is a subset of a report. They are using the same processes.... just presented a little differently.

Writing a letter is easier for some projects, but when more complexity arises, I make the jump to a report quickly and don't look back......

ie - write a report and make it do what you want..

Stan Mathews
02-06-2009, 02:58 PM
If the question is...

Can I define calculated fields for letters in Alpha Five?

the answer is yes.

timrutland
02-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Thanks very much, especially for the thumbnail of the letter with fields and the calcuated field in the drop down. I think I can do it now.