PDA

View Full Version : V10 Beta problem with CASCADING CHOICES more than 2

ABC123

Atta
07-28-2009, 02:57 PM
I have set up a web page with Cascading choices works perfect TILL I add a third cascading choice.
Three databases:
Building
Lab
Rack
The main that needs to be updated is a machine database with 21000 computer names in it.

Building is the first, Lab is dependent on Building and Rack is dependent on Lab
It works with building and have lab as a cascading choice, as soon as I add Rack as a cascading choice it does not work anymore.
When I remove Building and use lab and Rack it works fine. Again as soon as I add Building it says record not found.
I have checked the files if all of them are numeric etc. etc., but it does not work.

Hope to hear and see if I am doing something wrong or is it the beta issue.

rleunis
07-28-2009, 04:54 PM
If you think there is a bug in V10 Beta, then you should send a bug report to Selwyn (@alphasoftware.com (se@alphasoftware.com)).

You probably get faster response and still honour the confidentiality requested when you received the V10Beta access.

;-]

regards, Ron

Atta
07-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Probable more if someone else can try this who is using the Beta version.

rleunis
07-29-2009, 02:06 PM
<H2>V10Beta notes today:

27-July-2009 - Version 2359-3309 - Last updated 11:01 AM

Cascading Dropdown Controls - Fixed a bug if you had more than 2 levels of cascades, and you did not define a stored value that was different than the display value for the controls.

---

Maybe this solves the problem you had..
</H2>

gdewey
06-11-2011, 10:46 PM
I am using the V10.5 release and also getting this problem. When adding the third dependent select box I get an error

Script:TEMPLATE line:110 rtc.grid_part.dropdownboxchoices.DIRECCION_CIUDAD = a5_html_list_populate(a5G Column not found while getting result set data column.'

I have check and recheck and and columns and names are where they have to be..

anyone in here resolved this in some way?