PDA

View Full Version : V10 Grid problem ...

ABC123

drgarytraub
08-15-2009, 04:20 PM
I have a grid taken directly from my v9 application. I turn on ajax for the grid. Some features look real nice - like row highlighting, recs per page drop down, etc. However, many of the grid functions do not work - for example, the recs per page does not work, and I cannot even go to the next page of the grid. Is this supposed to work "right out of the box" or are there are other settings I need to look at.

Gary

drgarytraub
08-16-2009, 09:17 AM
I thought maybe if I started the grid from scratch, the features I mentioned above, would work. Nope. Then I thought maybe it's because my grid is based on a view, so I made it based on just one table. Nope.

So, I made a little video to show what I am talking about. Please view it and let me know what you think. Thanks.

Gary

drgarytraub
08-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Sorry, it won't let me attach a swf gile.

If anyone is willing to look at the video, please let me know and I will email it to you.

Gary

drgarytraub
08-16-2009, 09:39 AM
OK. Now I'm getting somewhere. The problem is not with the grid. There is something about the a5w page that is causing the problem. It works fine if I start with a new a5w page, so I am still exploring what on my page is causing the problem ....

Gary

drgarytraub
08-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Bingo.

The AJAX callback code was not my a5w page. I do not recall if I had removed it, or if the a5w page was created long ago, before alpha started putting that ajax section of the code in to the a5w pages.

Gary

MikeC
08-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Hi Gary--great that you figured it out.

Regarding
won't let me attach a swf (f)ile...zip the file and you can then upload it.