PDA

View Full Version : Grids and Grid Linker v10

ABC123

trackmanpete
08-26-2009, 12:36 PM
I am trying to create some grids and grid links to use on the desktop side of Alpha. I am having issues of Alpha freezing up as I add more than 3 grids and or try and edit a grid link. I am using the latest patch. Is anyone else seeing this problem?

mmaisterrena
08-26-2009, 01:49 PM
try using expandable grids instead of grid linkers they just load much faster
just activate the option that says 'expand first record'

Peter.Greulich
08-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Alpha Five V10 - Beta Users Release Notes
Note About Grid-Linkers and Tabbed Grid Linkers - These have not yet been converted to use Ajax. At some point they will be converted, however, the Linked Content Sections in Grids offer essentially the same functionality as Grid Linkers and Tabbed Grid Linkers.

trackmanpete
08-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks, I was trying to duplicate what Selwyn was doing in his video...:). My first attempt into the web arena...
The grid generation for the desktop does work with a single file, so that is what threw me off. I will look at the expandable grids option. Thank you for pointing me in that direction.

mmaisterrena
08-26-2009, 05:09 PM
try using views if you want to make a single grid based on many related tables (similar to sets)
Make a new grid a n go to:
Grid / Query (dbf) /Display data from: View

trackmanpete
08-26-2009, 11:26 PM
try using views if you want to make a single grid based on many related tables (similar to sets)
Make a new grid a n go to:
Grid / Query (dbf) /Display data from: View

Thanks, I can now see the other fields. I will play with this for a while....