PDA

View Full Version : TextArea.Watermark not available in Dialog component?

ABC123

fsi
09-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Is this to be expected?

When I add a TextArea to a Grid component, the Grid Builder Field Properties shows Watermark as an option.

However, when I add a TextArea to a Dialog component, Dialog Builder Control Properties for TextArea does NOT show Watermark as an option.

Are the two controls (and, thus, available properties) different, based on context (Grid vs. Dialog)?

christappan
09-18-2009, 10:38 AM
That's correct. I found this out in a similar way, creating a dialog with lookups after getting used to the great lookup controls in grids/detail views. Per some other info and posts, Alpha intends to beef up the dialog controls but according to one post not until v11...

Peter.Greulich
09-18-2009, 11:10 AM
If you read the top most paragraph in the release notes you will see that dialogs have not been updated at this time.

fsi
09-18-2009, 11:38 AM
I guess my comprehension just ain't what it should be. The concept "dialog" just doesn't leap out at me from the release notes. It simply seemed that TextArea would've been implemented the same between the two component types. Ah, well... v11 will be along soon enough.

"Alpha Five V10 - Beta Users Release Notes
Note About Grid-Linkers and Tabbed Grid Linkers - These have not yet been converted to use Ajax. At some point they will be converted, however, the Linked Content Sections in Grids offer essentially the same functionality as Grid Linkers and Tabbed Grid Linkers."

Peter.Greulich
09-18-2009, 11:43 AM
I guess my comprehension just ain't what it should be. The concept "dialog" just doesn't leap out at me from the release notes.

Ooops! I stand corrected. I guess I was morphing info from other sources about the dialog into that header. My mistake.