PDA

View Full Version : Take a static html form (dreamweaver etc.) Turn it into a live AJAX Alpha 5 v10 form

ABC123

Richard Rabins
09-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Take a static html form (dreamweaver etc.) Turn it into a live AJAX Alpha 5 v10 form

In Dreamweaver, MS Expressions, Notepad and other HTML editors you can build forms that are not bound to databases pretty easily.

The video below will show how, using v10, you can create live AJAX forms that are bound to SQL or dbf databases

http://www.screencast.com/users/Eavan/folders/Jing/media/ab2d16d8-8783-4b8a-b31f-48d13a76e984

rleunis
09-19-2009, 01:13 PM
This possibility seems to be:

"How you Americans phrase this?"

Awesome...?

Gaaf ! (would be equivalent in Dutch, although that might be outdated by what young people are using now..)

Anyway: This opens up a whole new range of possibilities..

regards, Ron

Richard Rabins
09-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Glad you like it Ron

It certainly will make it easier for web designers to be introduced to Alpha Five v10 and CodeLess AJAX (TM).

Another video is this category is this one

Many designers are very familiar with a particular HTML editor (such as Dreamweaver, or Fontpage) and would prefer to user their favorite editor while editing .a5w pages in an Alpha Five web project. Version 10 makes it easy to use 3rd party HTML editors.

Watch Video
http://www.ajaxvideotutorials.com/V10Videos/H_Using3PartyEditorsForA5WPages.swf

Bob Moore
09-19-2009, 07:32 PM
WOW .. what a surprise!

Makes it simple to integrate any data driven form into a site and match the exiting web page style, design,etc.

Very nice and very useful.

Steven P.
09-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Yep, I like this very much. Looks like Alpha is becoming really the king of DB apps.

Small remark. Please make sure that the spelling checker is on. The dialogs show some errors :-) Like Coulmns and preform and XBasis ... Small things but I hate spelling errors myself

rleunis
09-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Thinking some more on this...

But maybe over the top for now:

1) Using DBF, can you use sets to bind to externally defined forms?

2) Using SQL can use SQL defined (and updateble) views?

3) Guess not: Can use bindings for each form field to (maybe) fields from different SQL tables (within SQL scheme) or DBF tables?

4) Just kidding: Possibility to bind each formfield to (possibly) fields coming from tables from different connection strings / schema's? (I know: pressing my luck again...)

Scale if answered with yes:

1-2: Heaven. 1,2 and 3: Feels like reborn. All 4: Enlightment?

regards, Ron