PDA

View Full Version : Supporting data from Chinese, Japanese and multiple languages in v10 Web apps

ABC123

Richard Rabins
09-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Supporting data from Chinese, Japanese and multiple languages in v10 Web apps

check out http://blog.alphasoftware.com/search/label/Foreign%20character%20support

mmaisterrena
09-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Finaly I can now get rid of the embarasing N instead of Ñ effect in spanish.

AÑO = Year
ANO = Anus

Thank you Alpha I will now be able to measure long time spans in years and not in anuses.
I have waited many anuses for this... humm sorry years ;)

trackmanpete
09-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Very good! Got to rank that as the post of the week...

EdwardTsai
09-21-2009, 06:24 AM
Hi Richard,

My beta copy version is 2461-3360

Thanks for your effords for supporting Chinese and other foreign languages. I tested it but have several problems except viewing Chinese. Please refer to attached video.

I have a MSSQL2005 table which stored names of world countries with Chinese country name. The Chinese country names you see were imported from Excel to SQL table before. Now, I can view them from a grid but any modification to Chinese country name is not accepted, any new record with Chinese character(s) will becomes "?". Field column name cannot use Chinese.

I don't know whether the problem is caused by MSSQL 2005 server settings or A5 itself. Please advise.

Thanks!

Edward Tsai

Richard Rabins
09-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Edward please can you email the link to the video to a5v9bugs@alphasoftware.com

Instructions on How to Send a Useful Bug Report

We would like to be able to respond to your bug report as quickly as possible. You can ensure that we do respond quickly by following the guidelines listed below:

Include step-by-step instructions on how to duplicate the bug.
In many cases, in order to repeat a bug, we will need your database files. If necessary, please attach the database files to your bug report. (Remember to tell us the password if the database has one.)

To send database files with your bug report, go to the Tools menu at the Control Panel, and select the Zip database command. That will allow you to create a .zip file which you can attach to your bug report.

Remember - If we can't repeat your bug, we can't fix it. So please be sure to send instructions on how to repeat the problem, and also send the necessary files.

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: Sending a picture of a bug is NOT A SUBSTITUTE for sending instructions on how to repeat the bug.

EdwardTsai
09-22-2009, 06:11 AM
Bug Report submitted.