PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Calendar Pro

ABC123

mmaisterrena
09-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Alpha Calendar Pro

Finally Alpha Five developers and users in general have the possibility of adding a professional calendar to their applications.
http://www.fuegosoftware.com/AlphaCalendarPro/7.png

What is Alpha Calendar Pro?

Alpha Calendar Pro is an interface (connection) between Alpha Five and Flash Calendar Professional. It lets you to easily connect any of your tables that contain date data to Flash Calendar without having to write a single line of code (codeless calendar as some like to say).

Why Alpha Calendar Pro?

Its pure math. First of all it would require having a Great amount of programming skill to develop your own calendar application or a similar interface to flash calendar pro, but let’s suppose you have that skill. Now estimate the time that it would take you to develop it and multiply it by your fee. Do we need to say any more?

Main Features

0 Coding needed
Fast and Simple setup
Can connect to dbf or *sql source tables
Map each field to data in your tables
Enter your own Events, Locations and Categories
100% Customizable (Labels, Colors, Actions etc)
Display Images on events details
Enter recurrent events
Display events by Year, Month Week, Day or in a List
Search for an specific event
Apply filters to events
Print your calendar
Compatible with Alpha Five (versions 8, 9 and 10)
and more...

* Alpha Five v9 or above required for non dbf tables

Watch the Videos (http://www.fuegosoftware.com/AlphaCalendarPro/videos.html)
Buy it or give it a try (http://www.fuegosoftware.com/AlphaCalendarPro/AlphaCalendar.html)
Take advantage of the introductory price until October 10 2009

Keith Hubert
09-26-2009, 06:36 AM
Hi Mauricio,

Thanks for great videos.

Please can you do a video to show how you have a grid and link that to the Calendar.

mmaisterrena
09-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Yes Keith , Ill do that this weekend. Additionally I will include Grids for editing events categories and locations on the next version, Due in October 10 (when the introductory price ends), free for the people that already bought the the application.

mmaisterrena
09-26-2009, 09:24 PM
here is how to setup a link to an edit grid in advance to the video
Supose this:

URL to your web project: http://MyServer/MyWebProject
Event Id field name on your table: Event_id
Edit Event Grid a5w page Name: Edit_event.a5w

Go to your "Main Database" and open your events table in edit mode.
Add a a new field called "LinK" (or whatever)
Open the field rules and go to the "link" field
Set the field as a calculated field
write the next expression (remember our initial suppositions) "http://MyServer/MyWebProject/Edit_event.a5w?Event_id="+Event_id
go to your event edit grid
In the Query(DBF) option go to "define arguments"
Insert a new argument called event_id and set it to "get value from variable"
set the variable field to Event_id
Filter your grid by this expression Event_id=:Event_Id
Open alpha Calendar Pro
Go to setup
In the event connection page (2nd page) select "Link" on the link field, save and continue
Publish the changes(last page of the setup)
test it
And there you have it

Additionally you can change the label of the Link field on the calendar to "edit event" (or whatever) in the "Customize your calendar" section on Alpha Calendar Pro

mmaisterrena
09-28-2009, 01:14 AM
CORRECTION

13. In the event connection page (2nd page) select "Link" on the link field, save and continue

its actually:
13. In the event connection page (2nd page) select "Link" on the "URL" field, save and continue

Thanks to Charlie Crimmel for pointing that out

Sorry for the inconvinience

mmaisterrena
09-28-2009, 04:06 AM
New videos available on how to

Add a New events table (in the same page as the calendar)
How to place a link to your edit events grid on the events of the calendar

http://www.fuegosoftware.com/AlphaCalendarPro/videos.html

Documentation has been updated now includes:

Instructions on how to place a link to your edit events grid on the events of the calendar
A Toubleshooting section
Some typo corrections

Keith Hubert
09-28-2009, 05:35 AM
Hi Mauricio,

Videos are great, thank you.

How do you edit an Event? Change date and or time?

Dolphin
09-28-2009, 06:16 AM
Hallo, just like to know if this calendar can be used in desktop applications.
Must one buy the Alpha Calender Pro and the Flash Calendar or is it one product?

Thanks

Kzin
09-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Hi Mauricio,
Whilst i can get the calendar to work with dbf files, if i try using a connection string to mysql i get this, any ideas?

500 Internal Server Error
"Script Error
Error:Script:Cl_load_legends line:70
Error loading C:\AlphaDB\Alpha_Calendar\cl_leads.dbf: Unable to connect to backend database while opening local cache C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\$$5A_DATA_cl_leads.dbf for table cl_leads.
Invalid syntax for connection string.
Must be formatted in one of the following ways:

name1 + chr(9) + value1 + crlf() + name2 + chr(9) + value2 + crlf() ... or

{name1='value1',name2='value2'...nameN='valueN'}
"

mmaisterrena
09-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Keith: watch the video on creating an edit events grid, changing and submitting the grid that is shown on that video will change events on the calendar

David: In the current version of alpha Calendar the only way of using the calendar on the desktop is by using Alphas Web Application Server and embedding the web page into a form, Im going to see the possibility of skipping the WAS on further versions, but thats one way for now.
Alpha Calendar and Flash calendar are separate Products, you need both of them, One for the connection to your DB and the other to display the calendar

Dale: Its working fine on the 2 computers im testing this.
when you create the active link table what happens if you pres "view resulting table" at the end of the genie?
Or can you give me some light on how to replicate the error

Rich Hartnett
09-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Mauricio this really looks good, and I am interested, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there any provision for "recurring" events? In other words, suppose I wanted to enter in an event that occurs EVERY week, or month or on a certain date of the year. Is that possible?

2. Once purchased, how many calendars can I set up on my A5W server? Suppose I wanted to create a "work calendar" and a "personal calendar." Would I have to buy additional licenses?

3. Is there any way to create a link to further details? In other words, is it possible to have a memo box with additional information about the event, and place a link to it on the calendar day box so that if the user clicks on it, the memo field pops up?

Thanks,
Rich

mmaisterrena
09-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Rich

1. Daily, weekly, monthly and yearly recurrent events are supported

2. Yes you can set unlimited number of calendars on 1 server with 1 license, the only condition is that they have to be on different folders under your webroot, or you can set two different categories (work and business) and just filter the calendar by selecting one of them (or both) in the calendar UI

3. Yes watch this video
http://www.screencast.com/t/bxwhvsDx6rh

Rich Hartnett
09-28-2009, 01:31 PM
That's great, thanks for the quick reply!

Kzin
09-29-2009, 04:49 AM
Mauricio,
I can view the table data when setting up the calendar, the resulting dbf is in Alpha_calendar folder not the calendar_tables folder if that makes a difference.

As i dont really need locations and catergories i am using the in built dbf for test purposes as i actually only need the mysql connection to work on a single appointment table, but in saying that i have tried using the connection string for all of them and still get the same error.
I have attached the setup view if that helps.

mmaisterrena
09-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Dale your setup appears to be correct (assuming that your resulting active link table name is "cal_leads.dbf")

Can you try this:

Ad an new a5w page in one of your normal databases, put this xbasic code and preview it
?lookup("C:\QLV2\Alpha_Calendar\cal_leads.dbf",".T." ,{put a field name here})

(Don't forget the the "?" at the beginning of the code)

See if you get any results
If not

Try doing that same active link but in your own "normal" database and try this code in a another a5w page
?lookup("cal_leads.dbf",".T." ,{put a field name here})

see what happens

mmaisterrena
09-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Never mind I have replicated the error

Let me look at whats happening

Right now there is a work-around, shut off your WAS go to Alpha calendar then go to "test your calendar" and Start the WAS, that will make the calendar work.

mmaisterrena
09-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Solution :)

Make the Active Link in your Main database not alpha calendar (ignore the active link button in alpha calendar) and set the new path to your events table on the Alpha Calendars Setup (use the WAS of your main database)

Ill update the documentation and make the necessary changes to the application ASAP to stop confusions.

Kzin
10-01-2009, 04:53 AM
Thanks Mauricio,
I will try it today.

mmaisterrena
10-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Last week!!!
Get advantage of the introductory price offer (ends October 10)
Alpha Calendar Pro is the perfect companion for Alpha Five v10

Kzin
10-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi Mauricio,
Still having the same problem with the calendar and connecting to an sql database.
I have the active link tables in my main database but calendar setup is still giving me the same error as before, any ideas.

mmaisterrena
10-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Dale
Are you using the application server of your main database?

Kzin
10-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Mauricio,
I am using the main DB, as you said in an earlier post set the active link tables in main database then pick the dbf when setting up the calendar.
The security has not been enabled as i am designing from scratch in V10 so thats not the problem

mmaisterrena
10-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Sorry for being a little reiterative but is the WAS that you aré using is the one on the main databas ( Green circle in your main databases)(do not use the WAS in alpha calendars databases)

Kzin
10-09-2009, 06:10 AM
I am using the WAS of the main database, i can view the tables fine so the connection string works.
I open Alpha for a second instance for the calendars and try to connect to the active link tables and i get this.
ERROR OCCURED

Script:OnInit line:14
tbl = table.open(tabla)
Error loading C:\AlphaDB\ACal\cl_events_tbl.dbf : Unable to connect to backend database while opening local cache C:\DOCUME~1\Dale\LOCALS~1\Temp\$$E8C_DATA_cl_events_tbl.dbf for table cl_events_tbl.

Over the weekend i will revisit it from scratch and see if the problem still happens with a clean database instance.

Regards Dale

mmaisterrena
10-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Michael Scholin had the same problem you are describing and he found the solution:
Dont use Time fields in your SQL table use datetime fields instead

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Michael Scholin wrote:

I have nailed it - the "Y" field is a Time field - can't use a time field with active links - you have to convert it to a datetime field!!

So if a computed field is seen as a Time field (or Y) then it won't work. Not a big problem - but you will need to let your users know since using some type of time is of course required.

Woohoo!!

Thank you Mike

Editor
10-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Mauricio,

Editor
10-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Mauricio,
I finally had the time to sink into the setup for Calendar Pro. It took most of the day to get it working on the dev machine, due to the server being run on the wrong V10 instance. Anyway, local is OK.

Now the hard part. Since the recommended practice is to store the data in a separate folder from the webroot on the production machine, it leads me to total confusion on how to upload the calendar system to that machine. I followed your instructions (part 3.2 of your manual) but do not quite get the method to save the data in a place other that the webroot, let alone adding any security (which is not applied to calendar files).

In any event, could you point me to any documentation or video you have to explain this process? A good old block diagram would be sufficient.

Thanks for yor help.

mmaisterrena
10-16-2009, 01:01 AM
Dave if by "data" you are referring to your actual database (tables, sets, etc) then definitely no it doesn't has to be on the webroot you only need to copy the next files from your test webroot to your production webroot:

Alpha_Calendar_WebFiles (the hole folder)
DoNotDelete
cl_test.a5w
cl_load_events.a5w
cl_load_legends.a5w
cl_tablepath.a5w
cl_calendar_full.a5w
cl_calendar_75.a5w
cl_calendar_50.a5w

Notes:
If your main database is placed in eg. C:\databases in your test server then you need to place your main database in the same path on your production server ( eg. C:\databases on your production server)

If Alpha Calendar Pro is placed in eg. C:\databases in your test server then you need to place Alpha Calendar Pro in the same path on your production server ( eg. C:\databases on your production server)

Hope this is clear enough
you can mail me to:
contact@fuegosoftware.com (mailto:contact@fuegosoftware.com)
We can arrange an online meeting if necessary.

mmaisterrena
10-16-2009, 01:31 AM
I have updated the documentation so that this is a little clearer

http://www.fuegosoftware.com/AlphaCalendarPro/Help.html#Setup

Editor
10-16-2009, 08:50 AM
That cleared it up by verifying what I suspected. I was hoping not, as the system was already built. I'll make the changes and try again.

Thanks

mmaisterrena
10-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Dave just a note:
If you can run the setup directly on your production server it would be even simpler It wouldn't interfere with data on your database at all. (you can install a trial version of alpha and do the setup on the production server)

Editor
10-16-2009, 10:42 AM
I'll give that a try first.

Editor
10-17-2009, 09:43 AM
What might this be referring to when opening Calendar in Firefox....

"Script Error
Error:Script: /cmadl/Cl_Test.a5w line:9
addin.run("Cl_load_legends")
Read past end of file"

/cmadl is the webroot for this project

mmaisterrena
10-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Dave is this only happening in firefox?
There is probably something wrong with your setup regarding Categories
or locations. Check if that part is OK

Editor
10-17-2009, 11:56 AM
I have not tried it on IE.

I now have this error...

"Script Error
Error:Script:Cl_load_legends line:33
Error loading C:\DATABASES\CMADL\AlphaCalendarPro_v1.0.8\Alpha_Calendar\cl_path_tbl: The system cannot find the path specified.
C:\DATABASES\CMADL\AlphaCalendarPro_v1.0.8\Alpha_Calendar\cl_path_tbl.DBF"

Which refuses to go away, even though I have changed and saved the setup about 20 times!

I'm about ready to have you log into the machine and work some magic. How much $$ ??

mmaisterrena
10-17-2009, 12:59 PM
"Script Error
Error:Script:Cl_load_legends line:33
Error loading C:\DATABASES\CMADL\AlphaCalendarPro_v1.0.8\Alpha_Calendar\cl_path_tbl: The system cannot find the path specified.
C:\DATABASES\CMADL\AlphaCalendarPro_v1.0.8\Alpha_Calendar\cl_path_tbl.DBF"

This means alpha_calendar database is not on that path
you might have copied Alpha calendar to different location

I'm about ready to have you log into the machine and work some magic. How much $$ ?

Free

I will send you a private msg

Editor
10-20-2009, 11:45 AM
GOOD NEWS

I finally got it to work. You can test it at

http://65.75.252.214/cmadl/Cl_calendar_full.a5w

That's REAL data too! :D Oh Elation! Rapture!

I am running a licensed version of the SWF, but it keeps feeding me the DEMO. Yet if I test the file directly on the server, it works fine. Is there a KEY file that may be old?

I had to take images of your video's and diagnose the details, then perform the written transfer instructions to the letter. The Gotcha (or Ah-Ha moment if you watch CNN) was that the DO NOT DELETE goes in the WEBROOT/ for the server, not the subfolder for the project!

AS always, it's clear as mud to the developer, and the users like me have to dig a bit deeper. But I know this thing by heart now. No more sleepless nights..........onward>>>>>

mmaisterrena
10-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Great!

I will update documentation so that there is no doubt left on where to put that file.

If you want you can set the calendar to display the initial time or initial and ending time at the beginning of each event under the Customize it option in Alpha Calendar besides many more options you get to adjust it to your needs.

mmaisterrena
10-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Alpha Calendar Pro Version 1.3.1 (20/OCT/2009)

All Alpha Calendar Pro's features are now compatible with Flash Calendar Professional version 1.3 (just released 2 weeks ago)
Do NOT download this version if you are using Flash Calendar Professional version 1.2.

Live Preview (http://www.usflashmap.com/products/flash_calendar/examples/calendar_pro_personal/index.html)

mmaisterrena
10-23-2009, 02:09 AM
Version 1.3.1 was Broken
Version 1.3.2 is now fixed and available for download

sawricon
10-24-2009, 07:01 AM
I accept with information:Edit Event Grid a5w page Name: Edit_event.a5w
1. Go to your "Main Database" and open your events table in edit mode.
2. Add a a new field called "LinK" (or whatever)
3. Open the field rules and go to the "link" field
4. Set the field as a calculated field
5. write the next expression (remember our initial suppositions) "http://MyServer/MyWebProject/Edit_event.a5w?Event_id="+Event_id
6. go to your event edit grid
7. In the Query(DBF) option go to "define arguments"
8. Insert a new argument called event_id and set it to "get value from variable"
9. set the variable field to Event_id

GarthMc
10-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Hi Mauricio,
I notice on the calendar Pro website there is the ability to modify events on the calendar itself. There is also an event entry screen. My question is, are you able use these features and store them in the database using your product?

thanks
Garth

mmaisterrena
10-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Hi Garth

The calendar is actually fed by information stored in your tables so whatever you have in your table it will be displayed on the calendar. as in the video shown here (http://www.fuegosoftware.com/AlphaCalendarPro/videos.html) you can add a grid so you can Add / Edit events in real time

mmaisterrena
10-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Hi Sawricon

I don't quite understand your question the steps you pasted there are the steps for making a link that redirects an event in the actual calendar to a grid for editing the event, do you have a question about that?

GarthMc
10-25-2009, 07:05 AM
Does it work the other way round. If you drag an event across the calendar does this update the database tables?

Garth

Keith Hubert
10-25-2009, 07:24 AM
Unfortunately not.

The calendar displays data from a table. The calendar cant add or change records in a table.

Would be nice if it did.

Editor
10-25-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm just running the SWF version (cheapo) and our intent was only for viewing into the graphic. If you look at SWFcalendar's other offerings, they do have some versions that can transverse both universes. Though I'm not the expert on how/if it those wpuld function with Alpha.

Keith Hubert
10-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Here is the reply I got from Mauricio, regarding updating the data table.
Drag and drop is not available, Flash calendar has that functionality in its "administrative mode" but since that mode does not returns an updated XML there is no way to update your A5 tables based on the info displayed on the calendar I hope that clarifies that question.

mmaisterrena
10-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Alpha Calendar approach on adding/editing events is to make a grid which updates events in your "events table" and then the changes will be reflected in the calendar as consequence, drag and drop is not supported in current versions.

411tech
10-26-2009, 01:42 AM
I just picked up a new client where one of the main functions is scheduling. It is for a Doctor's office and I will be creating an "EMR" for them.

They have tried a few, but they all fall short. One of the main functions will be scheduling.

I wish there was a product out there that would take the data I collect and present it in a calendar format.

Oh wait, I think I found it. (Has my sarcasm come across?) I think I will wait till some of the issues I have read here get shaken out before purchasing.

I have to work on the data collection first, but just knowing I won't have to worry about presenting the data in calendar format is a big relief.

It is for a Chiropractor and I have tried Healthsoft's program, but the client wants WEB BASED. I tried talking them into a Terminal Server solution which IS Web Based, but they tried two others that used Terminal Server and they feel that was part of the problem.

I just keep telling myself: "The client is ALWAYS right!", even when they are TOTALLY WRONG!

I would have MUCH rather sold them on the program that is already written, but I guess I have to get my feet wet with this Web Based programming so I might as well get paid for it.

mmaisterrena
10-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Barry, you can just try the demo and see if it fits your needs which I think it will definitely do

By the way all the issues that users have posted or sent by email have been resolved and if new where to come up I would certainly attend them ASAP.

mmaisterrena
10-27-2009, 07:02 PM
If you where trying to connect to SQL active link tables and where getting the next error (or similar):

Script:OnInit line:14
tbl = table.open(tabla)
Error loading C:\AlphaFiveDB\Administracion_Inteligente\sql_named_events.dbf : Unable to connect to backend database while opening local cache C:\DOCUME~1\USUARI~1\CONFIG~1\Temp\$$1107_DATA_sql_named_events.dbf for table sql_named_events.

The solution is: DO NOT use named connections when making the active link tables for events, locations or categories (use the Ad hoc Connection String option)

*Make sure you are running Alpha Calendar version 1.3.3 (or 1.1.1 for backward compatibility with flash calendar v1.2)

Documentation will be updated

Kzin
10-28-2009, 06:07 AM
Been banging my head against the wall about this for ages.
Thanks Mauricio for the solution:):)

eboughey1
10-29-2009, 11:47 PM
I'm also getting an error. Does the below mean anything to you?

"Script Error
Error:Script:Cl_Load_Events line:21
error: lookup(cl_path_tbl,id="custom",Cal_tbls_path) The system cannot find the file specified.
cl_path_tbl.DBF"

Copied Alpha_calendar and Calendar_table folders to the database folder (c:\mailtime) and then copied the alpha_calendar_webfiles to c:\a5webroot\mailtime.

mmaisterrena
10-30-2009, 01:06 AM
Try going to the "test your calendar" option and the push the publsh button then try testing the calendar again

(check that a file called DoNotDelete exists right under your webroot)

eboughey1
10-30-2009, 01:28 AM
the file donotdelete is there but i've run the re-publish and test several times with no change.

mmaisterrena
10-30-2009, 03:38 AM
you sent me an image before of the calendar working fine for you with your "real" data (it looks real nice by the way) what have you changed since that point? the answer must be there

Did you changed any directories?

are you trying to move from one server to another?

If you open the DoNotDelete in notepad those it contains the correct path to alpha_calendar folder?

mmaisterrena
10-30-2009, 04:13 AM
I just checked the code and Im possitive that the error comes from alpha calendar not finding the DoNotDelete file under "c:\a5webroot"

the file must be found this way

c:\a5webroot\DoNotDelete

eboughey1
10-30-2009, 05:34 AM
i know it looked great. I was all psyched.

I've messed it all up though. I started all over again and now I'm getting just the blue screen and no data at all. There must be something residual that I didn't delete or something.

mmaisterrena
10-30-2009, 11:38 AM
thats on the trouble shouting section of the documentation

extract:

In the "Cl_Calendar_full.a5w" page I only get a blue frame, but where is the calendar?

Make sure that the folder “Alpha_Calnedar_Webfiles” and all its files are located under the same folder as your web project (see 1. Installation) if not copy the folder and place it correctly.

you can also try deleting cache, history fies , cookies etc.. from your browser or even try a different browser to see if thats the problem.

If it already worked fine there is no reason for it not work again, It just needs some tweeking

mmaisterrena
11-05-2009, 02:38 AM
NEW VIDEO available on how to filter the events displayed on the calendar based on a variable (http://www.screencast.com/users/Maiste/folders/Jing/media/87b412ab-20f3-4951-9955-103ef9d6c1c6)

NEW Auto setup (Beta): just press a single button and you are done!!

http://www.fuegosoftware.com/AlphaCalendarPro/AlphaCalendar.html

bea2701
11-05-2009, 05:24 AM
I have updated the documentation so that this is a little clearer

http://www.fuegosoftware.com/AlphaCalendarPro/Help.html#Setup

Maybe an idea :

If the developer has a lic. let him build en test on localhost.
Saves a lot of work I think, so then there is a developer key and production key;)

cheers
Eric

mmaisterrena
11-05-2009, 11:08 AM
thats a good idea i will think about that

Right now you could use Alpha Calendar demo for testing purposes with the only restriction that only 8 days are shown on the calendar, so you could do most of the work using a demo.

In the other hand Flash Calendar does has an expiration day of 30 days but I have no control over that (if you get a "Demo version expired" msg inside the calendar frame thats Flash calendar) but if you buy a single lic. of flash calendar you will be able to use that lic. in your testing machine and your production one.

I hope this is not very confusing

Editor
01-16-2010, 10:34 AM
From Page 1, #12 of this thread -
Referring to multiple calendars on 1 server:

"2. Yes you can set unlimited number of calendars on 1 server with 1 license, the only condition is that they have to be on different folders under your webroot"

Exactly what goes into the separate folders? The data? Alpha-Calendar? SWF Calendar? And where does "DO NOT DELETE" end up?

A bit of road map on this would be of great help.

Clipper87
01-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Mauricio,

Is the SWF calendar multilanguage? Can I replace english messages into other language ?

Thx

mmaisterrena
01-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Mauricio,

Is the SWF calendar multilanguage? Can I replace english messages into other language ?

Thx

Hi
Yes, Alpha calendar has a "Customize it" page where you can set all the labels colors and other options, I actually use it in Spanish.

ierpsite
02-28-2010, 02:43 AM
I am trying the trial version;

- when I try to open the calendar database it is asking for a password

- when I try to run the a5w page I am getting the following error Error loading C:\AlphaFiveDB\Alpha_Calendar\cl_path_tbl: The system cannot find the path specified.

thanks

mmaisterrena
03-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Username = 1
Password = 1

The page wont work without going trough the setup first

Scholin
03-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I would like to say that I have now bought two copies of Mauricio's Alpha Calendar Pro and I am very impressed.

The Calender itself has a tremendous amount of flexibility and features and it is true that Mauricio's interface has GREATLY reduced the time, knowledge and setup that it would otherwise take for someone who knows programming a lot of time to setup.

For the little amount of cost of this interface, it is so worth having the ability to add a full feature calendar program tied into Alpha so nicely.

And . . . Mauricio has always been extremely helpful in answering all my questions or resolving issues right away. Just wanted to plug a very worth while application that deserves more attention. Thanks Mauricio!

ierpsite
03-01-2010, 11:18 PM
I will buy any reasonably priced tool which will save me time; I am testing this and I will buy once it works for me

thanks

envisionsolutions
04-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Should it be easy to integrate this calendar into an existing web app that was built in Alpha?

mmaisterrena
04-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Yes as long as your existing table has at least 1 character field (title) and 1 date field, Alpha calendar will be able to integrate into your app

kingcarol
08-20-2010, 10:14 AM
I've just been watching the videos for the Alpha Calendar Pro and it looks like a handy tool. Also, I'm just evaluating Alpha V10 web app. Since my clients are home builders, they are interested in project management scheduling. Is there a way to create events that will relate to a change of date in other events? ie, if the end date on one event changes, the start date on another event changes...

Also, do you know if I create one Alpha web app and web site that has multiple clients and users accessing it via changing connection strings.... does that change the price I have to pay for the Flash Calendar Pro? Or does the $99.00 one cover it?

Thanks.

mmaisterrena
08-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Alpha calendar is a read only app that will display whatever is on your tables, this is something you would have to do on a grid or table level using some xbasic when submiting/editing the events (tasks) so that they get rescheduled based on some conditions.

Earl Mabry
01-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Purchased your application however no download link was sent can you help

mmaisterrena
01-09-2012, 10:40 AM
I manually sent an email with your key. You can find the link there..

Earl Mabry
02-09-2012, 10:23 AM
I have purchased this product and have yet to get it to work. I have sent Mauricio an email and have yet to here back from him of my problems. Are you using this calendar with a secure site?

Earl Mabry
02-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Mauricio,

I have tried to get your calendar to work on my site and I have sent you an email regarding this still have not heard from you. I even had the assistance of someone certified in Alpha and they could not get it to work. I would appreciate you contacting me to assist in this calendar.

mmaisterrena
02-13-2012, 02:59 AM
Sorry Earl i didnt recived your emails. Can you please email me to mmaisterrena@gmail.com