PDA

View Full Version : V10 Expiration date- Latest 10 Beta notes announcement

ABC123

rleunis
09-29-2009, 05:57 PM
"29-Sept-2009 2483 -3371 Last Update 3:01 PM

IMPORTANT NOTE - EXPIRATION OF V10 BETA
When you install the latest files today, the expiration date for your V10 Beta will be extended through October 5th.
After that date, all of the V10 features in your V9 copy of Alpha Five will stop functioning.

Some users have asked to purchase their V10 licenses now, in advance of the official release, so that the applications that they are currently running using the V10 beta features will continue to work uninterrupted after the beta expires.

Here are the URLs that you can use to purchase your V10 licenses now:

V10 Developer Edition Upgrade ($249) (https://www.alphasoftware.com/shop/itemdesc.asp?PRODID=801)
V10 Application Server Upgrade ($399) (https://www.alphasoftware.com/shop/itemdesc.asp?PRODID=803)
V10 Unlimited Runtime Upgrade ($399) (https://www.alphasoftware.com/shop/itemdesc.asp?PRODID=805)

Bundles

V10 Developer Edition/Application Server Upgrade ($599) (https://www.alphasoftware.com/shop/itemdesc.asp?PRODID=807)
V10 Developer Edition/Runtime Upgrade ($599) (https://www.alphasoftware.com/shop/itemdesc.asp?PRODID=809)
V10 Developer Edition/Application Server/Runtime (https://www.alphasoftware.com/shop/itemdesc.asp?PRODID=811) "

So: V10 release is imminent! ...no?

Pat Bremkamp
09-29-2009, 06:44 PM
This is good news, but it leaves me with a question:

In earler versions there were standard editions which only worked with dbf tables and enterprise editions (or Platinum, which as a name sort of fizzled out) which meant that it worked with SQL backends.

Does this announcement mean that there are no longer two versions of the software?

If not, then that saves some confusion, but if so, then which version is being sold here?

Speaking of names, I'm also glad to see that they have decided to call the full version the "developer" edition. I was always struggling to know what to call it.

On the other hand, I was hoping that the cube would be purple since that's the hip new color for next year.

Pat

NoeticCC
09-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes that is what I heard, pleased it is actually possible now!

mmaisterrena
09-29-2009, 06:55 PM
If you see The most recent v10 videos you would have noticed the red cube in the left of Alphas Window, I Like Red, Red is Good, v10 is Superb.

I would like a 5 developer lics. and 1 WAS Bundle
Can this be included?

Are this Prices for updating from v9?

NoeticCC
09-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Does this announcement mean that there are no longer two versions of the software?

The first v10 build/trial I downloaded last night did come up with a restriction notice when I tried to create an export operation to a SQL DB, however perhaps this is just a trial restriction? Once I generated the export op in the v10 BETA, I was able to execute it in the v10 TRIAL.

mmaisterrena
09-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Where can i download a full trial version (not just the AEX files)

gmeredith17
09-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Product description is poor. No mention of the unlimited runtime or is that runengine. Has been a matter of confusion in the past so I think Alpha would be wise to elaborate on the product descriptions and all the various options that are going to be available.

NoeticCC
09-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Product description is poor. No mention of the unlimited runtime or is that runengine. Has been a matter of confusion in the past so I think Alpha would be wise to elaborate on the product descriptions and all the various options that are going to be available.

This is not the official release yet, this is for the original beta testers like myself, who have built functioning apps that may be in use already, and want to be able to finish the project by licensing it fully for the client.

Richard Rabins
10-01-2009, 01:50 AM
Here are the SKUs for v10

Alpha Five v10 Developer

For building both web and desktop applications

Alpha Five v10 Developer is used to build both web and desktop database applications. With its integrated Report Writer, Genies, Action Scripting, Action Javascript, Form builder, and Xbasic - it combines the perfect blend of ease and power. Suitable for all experience levels. Alpha Five v10 Developer supports dbf and SQL data

Alpha Five v10 Application Server

For deploying web (browser-based) based applications to an unlimited number of users

The Application Server allows you to deploy the web (browser-based) applications you build. Each license allows you to install the server on one PC. It can be used on a home/office computer with a high speed Internet connection (such as FIOS, Cable, or DSL), or it can be deployed on a dedicated server or on a virtual private server (VPS).

Alpha Five v10 Unlimited Runtime

For deploying desktop (PC-based) applications

The runtime lets you distribute the desktop applications you build so people without Alpha Five installed can run them on their PCs. The Runtime License allows you to distribute an unlimited number of applications to an unlimited number of people. (Formerly called the "Unlimited Distribution License")

NoeticCC
10-01-2009, 06:23 AM
Here are the SKUs for v10
Thanks, very straightforward! Nobody can call that "too complicated" :)

gmeredith17
10-01-2009, 06:29 AM
Refreshingly simple. I like it a lot.

Richard Rabins
10-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks!

Kzin
10-01-2009, 09:39 AM
So do I assume version 10 will be released on or before October 5th?

steinmanal
10-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Can I just say how grateful I am for patches? The beta file updates were kind of a pain.

Alex

Bill Griffin
10-01-2009, 10:50 AM
So do I assume version 10 will be released on or before October 5th?

I would not assume anything. The announcement says the Beta is over Oct 5th, not that V10 is being released Oct 5th. The point of the announcement was to allow beta testers to continue using V10, by purchasing it.

From above: Some users have asked to purchase their V10 licenses now, in advance of the official release, so that the applications that they are currently running using the V10 beta features will continue to work uninterrupted after the beta expires.

I would imagine it will be released soon after, but thats just a guess..

Citadel
10-01-2009, 12:51 PM
If we order A5v10 using the links provided, does anyone know how we get a full credit of any money spent on A5v9 - as we've been promised in the email campaign over the last few months.

bea2701
10-01-2009, 02:27 PM
I started in March this year with V9 Platium, Webserver en Runtime All-in one bundle that was already a discount on the regular price.
Yesterday I updated to V10 without the runtime (no-need at the moment) .
So know I have the developer + WAS for the price showing by Richard.
If suspect that when you ordered V9 at a moment price you think V10 is free, am sorry to say you understand it wrong
Question do so sell your software for 1 live time and give updates free for the rest of your live to your customers.

If you able to find on the internet a product with all the features in V10 (incl. ease of and no-coding etc exactly the same or even more ) for the same proce I send you 10 dollars and hope others wil do the same. For I am sure it's not available for such a quallity product as V10.!!!

There nice guys and worked hard for the money RESULT a great product.
Alfasoftware is not Salvation Army ( i hope not) :D

m2p

Eric

DaveM
10-01-2009, 02:28 PM
May i say those prices seem very fair for a new release and upgrade. I am aware things seem to go down as time goes along, but that is very fair at this time.

Now, if there were some special pricing for schools and students in the class rooms, I would be totally thrilled. Not for me, but for Alpha! MS/FileMaker/others do it. that is why they are selling more software. The more people exposed can expand greatly the sales dept.

bea2701
10-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Richard posted a reply on such a question a time ago on the board with a school and that was succesfull. So I think the understand the message, and it will come...

aRob
10-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Alan,

You probably have to contract the sales department and order directly thru them.

Richard Rabins
10-01-2009, 06:43 PM
If we order A5v10 using the links provided, does anyone know how we get a full credit of any money spent on A5v9 - as we've been promised in the email campaign over the last few months.

please email sales@alphasoftware.com and they will take care of this for you
thanks