PDA

View Full Version : Re:- Web Security

ABC123

Toby Locke
10-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Re:- Web Security

Has anyone en-counted a problem with web security when it comes to changing a Password or Retrieve a password in V10?
Logging on is not a problem and works fine, but if you wish to change a password, after entering the email address, the error message (Password Information Not Accepted) is returned and when Recover Lost Password is selected, the only entry box made visible after entering the email address is (Verify Email) with Request and Clear buttons below.

Under Web Security Configuration

Password Information Not Accepted is ticked
Valid Email Address & Security Question = Valid Email Address and Security Question
Lost Password Action = Recover Password
Data required for password reset or recovery = Valid Email Address & Security Question
Lost data recovery method = Show on Screen

Very strange as the exact same configuration in V9 works fine

Toby

Steve Wood
10-02-2009, 08:07 AM
I just tested a V9 application running in V10 and it had no problem in the areas you describe. Is this a native V9 app in V10? Or is it a newly written native V10 app, but using the same methodology you used in V9 for security?

Toby Locke
10-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks Steve for your reply

This problem has only surfaced using a completely new App using V10

Toby

Steve Wood
10-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Since everyone approaches security a little different, you may have to post your code or PM it to someone to test.

urbanski
10-05-2009, 12:05 PM
I had the same problem with an earlier build of the beta but when I updated the build, it worked fine. I just checked with the pre-release of V10 and the problem is back.

Toby Locke
10-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks for that James, I was beginning to think that it was me. Actually I have spent the last week taking one step forward and two back with these nightly V10 updates, as I get something working fine only to find that after the next update it crashes. But I will plod on in the hope that it will work itself right in the end. Keep it up lads at Alphasoft, you are doing a great job, I think its GREAT.

Toby

madinsli
10-06-2009, 02:39 AM
I accept:Logging on is not a problem and works fine, but if you wish to change a password, after entering the email address, the error message (Password Information Not Accepted) is returned and when Recover Lost Password is selected, the only entry box made visible after entering the email address is (Verify Email) with Request and Clear buttons below.Under Web Security Configuration
Password Information Not Accepted is ticked
Valid Email Address & Security Question = Valid Email Address and Security Question
Lost Password Action = Recover Password

JerryBrightbill
10-06-2009, 08:09 AM
If you have specified a security question as one of the user verification methods for recovery, the question answer entry textbox is not shown until the other verification data is entered.

If the application is built in V10 and encrypted passwords are used, the application will only run in V10. You will get errors if the application is run on a V9 application server.

urbanski
10-06-2009, 11:06 AM
The application that I use was built in V9 and converted V10 using the beta. Is it possible that I could delete all the security data and re-enter it and have it work correctly?

Jim

JerryBrightbill
10-06-2009, 07:17 PM
If the security was built in V9, it should work without changes in V10. However, if you edit any of the security data in V10, it may not work in V9.