PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!! where has the beta version gone

ABC123

Toby Locke
10-06-2009, 06:38 PM
At midnight 7th Oct 2009 I think that the beta version decided to stop functioning, IS THIS CORRECT because all I have now in the browser is a blank screen.

NoeticCC
10-06-2009, 06:53 PM
From the Beta Notes which you should have access to if you have a legit Beta test copy: (After tests I found this actually is 7th October not end of 5th)

IMPORTANT NOTE - EXPIRATION OF V10 BETA
When you install the latest files today, the expiration date for your V10 Beta will be extended through October 5th.
After that date, all of the V10 features in your V9 copy of Alpha Five will stop functioning.

Some users have asked to purchase their V10 licenses now, in advance of the official release, so that the applications that they are currently running using the V10 beta features will continue to work uninterrupted after the beta expires.

NoeticCC
10-06-2009, 06:54 PM
http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/alphaforum/showthread.php?t=81918

Toby Locke
10-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Yes I have paid the $599 for the licence but it still does not work

Toby

NoeticCC
10-06-2009, 07:01 PM
v10 beta was still in the v9 folder. You have to install v10 and then make sure any shortcuts point to the v10 folder in your Program Files

Toby Locke
10-06-2009, 07:36 PM
I seem to have something missing here. I ordered, paid for and downloaded the bundle, but all I seem to have is the App server which I have installed and is now present in A5v10 Application Server folder, an A5V10 folder has not been created so the Alpha5.exe and all other files do not exist. Is this right? or am I having a very senior moment.

Toby

bea2701
10-07-2009, 03:45 AM
contact sales!

peteconway
10-07-2009, 04:26 AM
If you have the v9 sever running as a service you need to disable it. I will be running over the top over v10.

Then run the v10 server, it should come up.

You can run both by changing the port on v10 until your conversion testing is complete.

Also to fix the developer edition problem use the free 30 trial until they sort you out, email selwyn for it.

You can also wind back your system time on the computer - it should let you keep running until sorted.

Toby Locke
10-07-2009, 05:00 AM
Thanks Peter

Turning back the clock has got me operational again.

Toby

Rich Hartnett
10-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Toby, I had the same problem when I purchased V10 a few days ago, in that all I was given was the link to the application server.

Before I got a chance to contact sales, Brett sent me an email telling me that the online sales form was having a problem and not giving the purchaser the link to download the complete V10 package.

He immediately sent me the correct address to download the full version of V10, and I have it working now.

If you don't have the full V10 package, contact Brett Johnson at: brett@alphasoftware.com and he should be able to fix you up.

Toby Locke
10-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks Rich

Yes that was the problem and it now working fine after the download. Did you have a problem registering with the Activation Key that they supplied? because it does not seem to like mine.

Toby

Rich Hartnett
10-07-2009, 11:40 AM
The first go-round did not seem to work, but I closed out of the whole program, re-opened it, and the second time it took it.

It was only the Application Server activation code that I was having the problem with though. The main license key activation worked on the first try.