PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Folders in v10

ABC123

Michael Humby
10-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi,

Any one know what these folders are (see below) that v10 creates?

The parent folder 'App10_V2010' is the folder that I have created...Alpha has created the subfolders. I don't know what they are, do I need to include these in my runtime apps? (this never happened in v9 and previously)

Thanks,

Michael.

Bill Griffin
10-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Presumably it is for this :

Every time you make an edit to any Form, Label, Letter, Report, Browse or Field Rule, Alpha Five automatically make a backup of the object you editing. You can roll back to any previous version of your layout, or Field Rule definition that you want. This means that it is now virtually impossible to lose work because of a file corruption. And it lets you experiment with your layouts more freely because if you make a design change you don't like, its easy to revert back to a pervious version.

To restore a prior version of a Layout, right click on the Layout and select the 'Restore Prior Version' command.

Citadel
10-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Hi Michael

I think the backup folder and it's subfolders are all part of the 'automatic backup' feature described here (http://news.alphasoftware.com/V10Preview/DesktopFeaturesVideos.htm).

Edit: Bill beat me to it!!

Michael Humby
10-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks everyone!

I take it then that we have no need to include these files in our runtime distribution because they only apply to development?

Michael