PDA

View Full Version : Memo field does not fully print data

ABC123

westmth
11-03-2009, 10:02 AM
We recently transferred our data/fields from Alpha 4V6 to 5V9.
All the data transferred - but when I created a new form using a memo field (this one is for directions to a client's home) only part of it prints out. I can scroll down and see that all the data is in the field, but only a small part shows up on the screen, and that small part also only prints. I tried to "fit size it" and that made it worse - I would also like to learn how to undo the fit size I did. Thanks, Tom

Stan Mathews
11-03-2009, 10:12 AM
I created a new form using a memo field (this one is for directions to a client's home) only part of it prints out

I believe that you will find that reports, labels, and letters are better suited to printing. Forms are desgined to be viewed on screen.

The good news is that you can import your form into a new blank report and tweak that.

Al Buchholz
11-03-2009, 10:13 AM
We recently transferred our data/fields from Alpha 4V6 to 5V9.
All the data transferred - but when I created a new form using a memo field (this one is for directions to a client's home) only part of it prints out. I can scroll down and see that all the data is in the field, but only a small part shows up on the screen, and that small part also only prints. I tried to "fit size it" and that made it worse - I would also like to learn how to undo the fit size I did. Thanks, Tom
Printing should be done from a report.

You can create a new blank report and then import the form onto the report. The printing will work much better..

Once the new report is open use the menu - report - import - form

westmth
11-03-2009, 10:46 AM
I tried to import the form I created into a new blank report so I could tweak it - but I couldn't figure out how to do that - how to import the form. Any more suggestions. Many thanks, Tom

Stan Mathews
11-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Report menu. Choose Form, specify which form by selecting one.

westmth
11-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Dear Stan:
What you sent was very helpful. Many thanks. Tom

Bill@TrackerSystems.com
11-27-2009, 11:56 PM
I imported the sample export contacts form (with the "notes" memo field added) into a report. The allow growth when printing is greyed out.

Does anyone know if we can expand the memo field in a web component on printing?

Thanks
Bill Belanger