PDA

View Full Version : Dictionaries

ABC123

ViCas
11-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Can dictionaries be deleted and recreated? If so, how? Do they create themselves? What if I move from one version to another? Can I just copy the data files over (the .dbf, .ddd, and whatever other files)? I keep getting an error message when I try to post a payment to an invoice. "Record locked by another session or user. Cannot post to table invoice". I am the only one using the software and it is on a stand-alone computer. I am trying to upgrade to Version 9 from Version 8. I have emptied the table and appended records from a version that works. I have packed the table. I did these with related tables too and I still get the same error. I am at a loss.

How do I uninstall Alpha 5? Looks like there is something in the registry that needs to be taken out to completely uninstall Alpha 5.

Tom Cone Jr
11-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Neil, a few minutes studying the list of "Alpha Five File Types" in the help file topic of the same name will pay dividends for you. Understanding 'what is stored where?' will help you answer, or at least reframe, your many questions.

ViCas
11-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Thank you, Tom.