PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Five Downunder - anyone out there from Australia??

ABC123

webcommerce
06-15-2011, 03:09 AM
I'm just starting in Alpha Five. So far, so good. Expecting to work miracles in setting up our Company interface. Just know there will be roadblocks and pot holes along the way.

It would be comforting to know there are fellow travellers around from the same part of the world. I am located in Brisbane.

If there is anyone from Oz who would like to share problems, bounce ideas, just hang out with A5, feel free to make yourself known. They say a problem shared is a problem halved .. two halves make a whole .. and I'm forever climbing out of holes of my own making.

So it would be nice to have some company. You can leave a message here or my contact email is ron@mobilityrentals.com.au

Ron S

Ian Stewart
06-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Is the Gold Coast close enough for you?

I am doing something similar after having spent 14 years working in Access. The problem is finding enough time to work on learning Alpha while holding down a paying job.

Private email address is ian.stewart@methodize.com.au.

TaiTai
06-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Ditto from Sydney..... Although 20+ years programming, I Published my first app this month.. Exciting!
Sorry for the cryptic email as I am getting a lot of SPAM lately.... peterj AT inspirebusiness DOT com DOT au

Paul Wilkinson
05-14-2017, 08:39 PM
Ditto from Sydney..... Although 20+ years programming, I Published my first app this month.. Exciting!
Sorry for the cryptic email as I am getting a lot of SPAM lately.... peterj AT inspirebusiness DOT com DOT au

Hi,
I have been developing in A5 for thirty years and have attached a covering letter and my resume details for your info.

Many Thanks

Regards

Paul Wilkinson
Mobile 0472-641-612

Paul Wilkinson
05-14-2017, 08:44 PM
I'm just starting in Alpha Five. So far, so good. Expecting to work miracles in setting up our Company interface. Just know there will be roadblocks and pot holes along the way.

It would be comforting to know there are fellow travellers around from the same part of the world. I am located in Brisbane.

If there is anyone from Oz who would like to share problems, bounce ideas, just hang out with A5, feel free to make yourself known. They say a problem shared is a problem halved .. two halves make a whole .. and I'm forever climbing out of holes of my own making.

So it would be nice to have some company. You can leave a message here or my contact email is ron@mobilityrentals.com.au

Ron S

Hi Ron,
I am an experienced A5 developer, refer attached covering letter & Resume for your info.

Regards Paul
Mobile: 0472-641-612

DaveM
05-14-2017, 08:48 PM
You folks should get an Alpha group going down under. There are more of you too.

Peter.Greulich
05-15-2017, 10:28 AM
I am an experienced A5 developer, refer attached covering letter & Resume for your info.

You do realize the above posts are from June 2011 - yes?

Steve Wood
05-15-2017, 01:57 PM
If you decide to start a local users group, I have 29 developers listed in AU and another 14 listed in nearby New Zealand*. I can email them if you want to start something.

*This list was made over several years and likely not all are still developing with Alpha.

peteconway
05-17-2017, 12:04 PM
Ummm.. I wonder how it went.

DaveM
05-17-2017, 10:31 PM
@Pete, a little work and it may happen??

bea2701
05-20-2017, 03:10 AM
Ummm.. I wonder how it went.

i think most left