PDA

View Full Version : Accounting Project

ABC123

tdejournett
07-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Just curious if anyone knows of an Accounting package written in AlphaFive. Currently have an Access based Accounting package and l'm slowly converting other MS Access programs to AlphaFive.

Thanks,
Terry

Steve Workings
07-20-2011, 12:08 PM
This has been asked before, and I don't think you'll find any single generic accounting package in A5. Many of us have rolled our own. I've done several and each one is so different in the end that I don't sit here wishing I'd built a generic reusable app.

A lot of people just integrate with QuickBooks. A5 can interface nicely with Quickbooks as well.

tdejournett
07-20-2011, 12:18 PM
What I was more or less looking for was maybe a "Framework" that someone had done on which I could build and customize to fit my own needs. The Access accounting program that I purchased was a full working copy with source code and I only used bits and pieces of it as there is not any off the shelf package that will fit our needs.

Again, being so new to AlphaFive I was hoping I could find a "starting point" project to help me get started.

Terry

DaveM
07-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Accounting is accounting. Melding a bookeeping package into the accounting is where the difference lies. I CAN qualify what I just said. LOL

There are a lot of people on here with an accounting package built, but mostly won't say anything because they are very specifically tied to something..

You may try Steve Wood(as one) for a bit of guidance to an accounting package with the IADN group.