PDA

View Full Version : Import/Export for table

ABC123

JimFtex
09-21-2011, 12:05 PM
OK, I'm hosed and don't know what I'm doing......

Somehow I've managed to get a customer table in one database but need to get it
into a different database. (working with Alphasports and SQL) Just learning how to
get around.

So what's the process to move a SQL table from one DB to a different database?
Any help.

thanks,
Jim

Peter.Greulich
09-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Typically your SQL tables will be at some location other than your Alpha db. e.g. on my local machine I have data here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\data

If you create a new Alpha db, you need to create (or perhaps copy) your connection string which, of course, is what ties Alpha to SQL.

JimFtex
09-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks Peter, I have two connection strings (I think that is one of my issues) (stupid is another)
the Northwind connection is {A5API=Access,FileName='C:\Program Files (x86)\a5V10\MDBFiles\Northwind.mdb',UserName='Admin'} and has the customer(s) table. The one I need is in another connection string: {A5API=Access,FileName='C:\Users\Jimmy\Documents\Alpha Five V10\MDBFiles\alphasports.mdb',UserName='Admin'} and has the customer table (key is customer_ID N,11.0 auto-increment) It has new fields and I need to have this in the same CS. Is there a way to get customer into the northwind db?

thanks,
Jim F

Peter.Greulich
09-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Try importing the table into dbf and then out again to Access. From the main controlpanel/file/export data... (& import data...)

JimFtex
09-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Thanks Peter, I did the Export and retrieved the new layout. I was just connecting to the wrong connection string. But at least you pointed me in the right direction. I've also contacted Steve Wood about the shoipping cart. Still waiting. But I did get some info from another user that gave me some ideas on getting it going. thanks for the help.
Jim